Experiences with dogs and heart failure?

My 12 year old Maltese x Silky Terrier has heart failure, and hasn't been drinking or eating. The vet said that he treated a dog that lived for 4 years after it was diagnosed with heart failure. Has anyone had any experiences with dogs and heart failure? How long did they live after they were diagnosed? What... show more My 12 year old Maltese x Silky Terrier has heart failure, and hasn't been drinking or eating. The vet said that he treated a dog that lived for 4 years after it was diagnosed with heart failure. Has anyone had any experiences with dogs and heart failure? How long did they live after they were diagnosed? What was their quality of life like? I'm just trying to get a better idea of what's happening.
Update: cjrossi- It's CHF. I wouldn't do anything based on the answers here, it's my mums decision what happens. I'm just wanting some experiences to give me a better idea of what could happen.
Update 2: Nikko- This is the second night she's been at the vet, she's on an IV.