How to get Acrylic paint to stick to glass?

I am having an Eclipse party for the Twilight movie premiere and I have bought wine glasses that I want to design with everyones name on them. I have bought the acrylic paint markers and I have tried to seal the glasses with the Acrylic Gloss Spray not only does it come off when you run water over it, it makes the... show more I am having an Eclipse party for the Twilight movie premiere and I have bought wine glasses that I want to design with everyones name on them. I have bought the acrylic paint markers and I have tried to seal the glasses with the Acrylic Gloss Spray not only does it come off when you run water over it, it makes the glass look frosted when you spray it on there. And I have tried Acrylic Varnish and it washes off...EVEN THOUGH THESE THINGS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE "PERMANENT"
Someone PLEASE HELP I have less than a week to figure this out.
I've also wanted to just to the glass etching, but i would have to buy a blank pattern for everyone (8 ppl) and then cut out the designs myself!! Any suggestions?