Cardiologist please read! Heart palpitations?

Hello, i am a 16 year old male. First off let me start by saying, i don't do drugs, drink, or use any tobacco products. I watch my diet pretty carefully because of the heart rythems.

For about the last year and half, i have suffered from horrifying heart palpitations, flutters. I have seen multiple Dr's but no one seem to care? I have had 1 heart monitors, and 1 ultrasound. unfortunately all these were done before i experienced any of the symptoms i have now. I have a constant rapid hard pounding heart beat, all day, (Extremely worsens at night). The main irritation of them all is the extra huge heart beat. I also feel a recoil in my wrist, and arm from the main extra beat. Also in my neck and chest as well. Even as i write this i feel them consistently every several beats. I can't sleep, and barely can focus on any peaceful activities. I should also say i suffer from horrible anxiety. But i am almost positive these could not be caused from that. I feel no fear, nothing just irritation from the damn palpitations. I heard that this could be caused from one arterie failing, so the other must pump extra hard.

Please someone what should i do? I can't live my life like this anymore.

• Askme
    Favorite Answer

Your palpitations are mostly due to anxiety. Read on.....

Palpitations may be felt accompanying emotions such as excitement, stress, anxiety or fright. Normally a person is not aware of the beating of the heart, but with anxiety or put under stress, or being scared, a person may become aware of his or her own heartbeat.

Some common causes of palpitations are:

* Anxiety

* Some Antidepressant Medications

* Strong Emotions

* Fear

What do anxiety related palpitations feel like?

* A Racing Heart

* Skipping Beats****

* Jumping Around Heart

* Beating/Pounding

* Fluttering

* The heart feels as if it is stopping

* A Flopping sensation in the chest

Other associated symptoms that may be felt while having palpitations include:

* Tightness in the chest

* Shortness of breath

* Dizziness or lightheadedness

* Blackouts

If there is no medical cause, here are some ways to avoid anxiety related palpitations:

* Change your diet

* Try to avoid caffeine and cigarettes

* Avoid Diet pills

* Learn how to relax

Most of your symtoms are due to skipped beats or Ectopic beats which are basically not due to heart disease. The beat that follows the skipped beat is good but stronger than the normal beat which you described as 'huge heart beat.

For Ectopic beats refer:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/00...

Source(s): An Internist

Get checked for SVT (Supraventricular tachycardia). I had my first "attack" at 12-13 years old. Through my 20's it got worse until I finally got diagnosed in my late 20's and had a corrective heart procedure. My case of SVT was worse then most. It often takes a type of Cardiologist that highly specializes in the electric working of your heart. Often a beta-blocker at control SVT. If you do have SVT then your anxiety would trigger episodes, and even lying down (like at night) could trigger it. Also, SVT is not known to be life threatening to people under 40, at least that's what my doctors told me. Many doctors I have seen are very clueless about SVT even some cardiologists don't understand it.

Source(s): Been there, done that

You may undergo Holter monitor test in consultation with a cardiologist. A Holter monitor is a machine that continuously records the heart's rhythms. The monitor is usually worn for 24 - 48 hours during normal activity.

Many things can trigger palpitations, including:

•Strong emotions

•Vigorous physical activity

•Medicines, such as diet pills and decongestants

•Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and illegal drugs

•Certain medical conditions, such as thyroid disease or anemia

•(uh-NEE-me-eh)

These factors make the heart beat faster or stronger than usual, or they cause occasional premature (extra) heartbeats. In these situations, the heart is still working normally, and the palpitations are usually harmless.

Sometimes palpitations are symptoms of arrhythmias (ah-RITH-me-ahs). Arrhythmias are problems with the speed or rhythm of the heartbeat. Some arrhythmias are signs of heart disease, including heart attack, heart failure, heart valve problems, or heart muscle problems. However, less than half of the people who have palpitations have arrhythmias.

People can reduce or prevent palpitations by avoiding things that trigger them (such as stress and stimulants) and treating related medical conditions.

http://wiki.medpedia.com/Heart_Palpitations

Source(s): IF YOU WITH TO THE DOCTOR AND HR SAY NOTTHING YOU NEED TO LIVE YOUR LIFE. GOD BLESS
  • Aziz

you should repeat the tests with a cardiologist, again if all come negative it should be anxiety and counselling from a clinical psychologist is suggested.

Source(s): doc

Relax , do some meditation,

Turn raw vegan

Go to bed before 10PM