Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Concorde asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

Is there such a thing as a VFR flight tracker?

I am doing my second solo X-country tomorrow and my dad would like to track my progress.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One of the best VFR trackers is SPOT!

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

It allows anyone to know where you are even on the ground. They don't depend on ATC, they use GPS and send that data to a satellite that can be checked from any computer. For VFR pilots it is a great deal for family or friends. Some Missionary Pilots use them, even in back water jungles.

Source(s): Years - TL
  • 1 decade ago

No. It's called General Aviation flight tracking not VFR tracker. He can track it on Flightaware.com only if you make a flight plan. Ask your flight instructor to make a flight plan for you or teach you how to submit one. Then you can give your dad your airplane number(the N number ot tail number) and he can type it in on Flightaware.com and watch your progress. However, he won't be able to see the flight path in real time, there's a 10 minute delay so what he is seeing on the screen happened 10 minutes ago. This is because of safety reasons, the FAA doesn't allow real-time tracking because of national security.

• 1 decade ago

FlightAware does now track some VFR flights, provided that you are receiving flight following. It is unreliable, though, because not all VFR flights are put in the national ATC system. It's probably your best bet, but don't count on it working 100% for VFR.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awOoy

No, it's a scam. It immediately forwards you to a fake log in page and then they steal your password (when you log in on the fake page) and put those advertisements in your friend's comments under your names. Also the crush thing and the videos with "girls taking off their tops" are also similar scams.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.