iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor not working!?

I just got my iPhone 4 today and the first call I make, it hung up on the other person. I notice that when I put my face/ hand/ anything up to where the proximity sensor is located for it to kick in, the screen does not turn off. Do I need to turn it on in the settings or something?

Favorite Answer

Go to settings, general, reset, and reset all settings, it fixes this problem

Source(s): Did it myself

Hey.. I've had an iPhone 3G, and 3GS... never had a problem with the proximity sensor... Just got my iPhone 4 and already put someone on mute 3 times; accidentally. Accidentally turned on speakerphone, pulled up my contacts... there is something definitely wrong with my proximity sensor.

Step one - Use a knife to cut a piece of black insulation tape, then cut 2 small holes on the tape (Please make sure the 2 holes can fit the sensor well,and the tape must be black) Step two - Cover the tape you just cut on the sensor flex cable. Make the tape well covering. This should fix your problem very well.

Try a full reboot. Hold the top power button down until you get the slide to power off screen, don't slide, instead hold the home button and the top button until it powers off. My wife said she had this problem with her 4 and I had her do this and she said it's working normally now.