promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Does the Government check everything everyone says on the internet? Does the Government keep watch like a dog?

Update:

United States Of America

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You did not define which country's government concerns you.

The United States Constitution guarantees freedom of speech, in the first of ten constitutional amendments often called "The Bill of Rights" The freedom of speech is critically important and is a freedom that must be protected. In simple terms, an American citizen is free to say whatever they want as long as they do not put other persons in danger. For example, I am free to stand on any street corner in the United States and say that grass is orange, but I may not stand up in a crowded movie theatre and yell "FIRE!" just to watch people panic.

With that in mind, there are security organizations in the United States that monitor a very tiny portion of internet traffic because that portion has been demonstrated to contain traffic that is dangerous to American citizens or property, but that monitoring may be done only after a legal search warrant has been obtained.

Read the Constitutuon of the United States. It is a fabulous document.

Best Regards,

Frank

Indianapolis

Source(s): Keith Castelluccio's US Government class, Lawrence Central HS, Indianapolis, 1966
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YES. It's calld the WCETYPB, which is short for the We're Checking Everything You Post Bureau. It's an extension of the CIA and was created in the patriot act under section 8. So be careful, they've already read all of this, you might have an FBI file on you now...

• 1 decade ago

Well, 4Chan has been up for over 6 years, so I'm going with no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.