Harmony asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

How many months pregnant does a woman have to be for the doctor to test the sex of the baby?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i found out the sex of my baby at my twenty week scan then we paid for a private 4d scan at 26 weeks when it was confirmed. You could probably find out around 16 weeks if you paid privately, in the uk women only tend to have a 12 then 20 week scan unless the doctors say there is another reason for extra scans e.g bleeding etc: Hope this helps :-)

• 1 decade ago

With my son I was 19 weeks when I found out, this baby I didnt find out until I was 20 weeks. My doctor says anywhere from 18-21.

Source(s): Mommy to 23 month old Devin & 26 weeks w/a girl!
  • 1 decade ago

At least 3 months (12 weeks). We found out with our boys at 12 and 13 weeks. But they are easier to tell at that point. Not seeing anything doesn't necessarily mean girl, but often they will not make the determination of a girl that early. But if there is a visable penis...yeah...that is sorta obvious :)

• 1 decade ago

i think anywhere between 14-21weeks(4-5 months) in normal, considering the baby cooperates.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ethel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

14 weeks, as for months - well depends on if you consider a month 4 weeks (it's not) or 4.3 weeks (it is 4.3 weeks).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.