Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Please suggest good teen books I should read?

I'm going to the library tomorrow so I was wondering some good books I can read?

I'm a 13 year old girl but I am good with reading mature books, but please don't suggest books that have sexual content or tons of cursing; I can't stand when people curse all over in a book.

Anyways I like good books. I enjoyed Twilight but I don't want any vampire books. I like mysteries and romance. I'm going to get the first book to the Gone series because that looks interesting. I like books that could be real and I like them original, well-written, and descriptive so please be picky with what you suggest. Thanks!

Blaze Blade- That link isn't a first chapter it's asking of someone is hot?

Favorite Answer

I'm a 14 year old girl and I totally love the same genre as you! Although I love twilight, I don't really like any of the other vampire books :P

I read Gone and it's FABULOUS. I love it. :]

Other books I've loved are:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Pendragon Series by MacHale (It's good but very action orientated)

Uglies by Scott Westernfeld

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Pretty Little Liars (Romance, Drama && Mystery!)

Ella Enchanted

Lovely Bones (she does get raped in the first chapter - but that's it. It's all about her struggles - an excellent book)

Journey to the River Sea by Iva Ibbotson

Maximum Ride

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Those are just a few of my favorites!

Source(s): I've read them all and they are really great - hope this helped!
  • James

Louis May Alcott

Martha Finley

Pearl S. Buck

Anne McCaffrey

Wen Spencer's A Brothers Price

Baroness Emmuska Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel By Pocket Books Enriched Classic

Mercedes Lackey

Patricia Wrede's The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons

Pretty Little Liars

Gossip Girl

The Clique

Vampire Kisses

House of Night

The Luxe

The A-List

Twilight by skill of Stephenie Meyer Uglies by skill of Scott Westerfeld The Thief by skill of Megan Whalen Turner Pendragon series by skill of D. J. MacHale Harry Potter by skill of J. ok. Rowling additionally, Margaret Peterson Haddix is a strong author, i've got enjoyed maximum of her books. those books are all definately over two hundred pages.

Oh yes. Get Gone. It is a fantasic book. I finished that book fast as lighning, I just couldn't put it down! And the second one (Hunger) is just as good, if not better. I finished that one quickly too. I haven't read the third one yet, but it looks very promising. You'd be a fool not to read Gone.

Winter Girls (anorexia) (touching ending)

Wuthering Heights (classic)

Source(s): Read my first chapter. No vampires http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApfcN...