Why do people never tell the whole story in elderly abuse cases?

Surely there are cases where the elderly are abused of course, BUT In SO many cases (most cases I've seen) the "abuser" was acting in some sort of self defense. I've seen women get fired for throwing a man's foot down on the bed after he just purposely rubbed it up in her crotch. I've seen... show more Surely there are cases where the elderly are abused of course, BUT In SO many cases (most cases I've seen) the "abuser" was acting in some sort of self defense. I've seen women get fired for throwing a man's foot down on the bed after he just purposely rubbed it up in her crotch. I've seen women get fired for slapping hands away when their breasts were groped. I've seen men get suspended for abuse accusations when they wouldn't respond to advances from certain residents

(Oh forget to mention where this was. It's a nursing home if I've confused anyone.)

The best part of all this? At a meeting a woman asked what they should do when they are being touched or assaulted and do you know what she was told?

"Let them. they don't know what they are doing."

It's not just sexual abuse either. Sometimes they are genuinely assaulted. While I do agree that if the assaulter is acting from their mental state then it's best to just restrain them, but I've seen and heard of cases where they needed to defend themselves and all that gets said ANYWHERE is how the poor elderly are abused by the horrible staff. I NEVER hear ANYTHING about what caused it to happen.

It's sad that it has had this effect, but now when I hear of elderly abuse a part of me always wonders if it REALLY happened that way.
Update: I'm called a troll because the truth is not what you want to hear.