is there a cafe du monde in atlanta?

i keep hearing this rumor and getting PSYCHED! but then i google it then there's a result

and i just dont know if its real.

nd im from new orleans and ive been wanting some beignets and cafe au lait for months. but i havent been home.

has anyone been there or seen or heard of it???

Favorite Answer

I've never seen one. There was a place next to R. Thomas (was it called Huey's?) which was known for their beignets -- but they closed down.

As a party favor, someone gave my daughter a box of beignet mix from Cafe du Monde. I was skeptical, but they weren't half bad!

• ?

Cafe Du Monde Atlanta

Unfortunately, there was one located in Underground, but it closed several years ago. I made a point to stop there every time I took MARTA to the games. I always thought about taking the wife down there for Sunday coffee (I live in Marietta) but usually woke-up Sunday morning thinking that great coffee is right in my kitchen...sure liked those beignets though. I don't know if it was a franchise or owned by the original, but the main issue was location, location, location.

Built in Underground, where I'm sure they felt it was in the middle of tourist trap city and thus a sure can't miss item...it was doomed from the start...after all, who would think of going there for a cup of strong coffee and fancy donuts?

Had they built it in East Cobb or across the street from the Fox Theater, it would probably still be open.

Source(s): I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Yesh There SHOULD Be One In Atlanta......According To What Wikipedia Says About Its Locations..!=]

Hope I Could Help " )

Source(s): www.wikipedia.com