Need approval for a Mortgage loan but not sure about credit score?

My fiance doesn't believe in credit cards of any kind, so he doesn't have that kind of credit. The only thing that he has in his credit history would be an auto loan that he got when he was 22, which is completely paid off. He made every payment on time every time. We are having trouble accessing his credit... show more My fiance doesn't believe in credit cards of any kind, so he doesn't have that kind of credit. The only thing that he has in his credit history would be an auto loan that he got when he was 22, which is completely paid off. He made every payment on time every time. We are having trouble accessing his credit report, but I was just wondering if this would be enough to get a mortgage loan? He needs a score of at least 620...the suspense is driving me crazy...could anyone tell me if this auto loan will help?
My credit is good because I have 2 retail cards with low balances and a personal loan that I have never been late on. I am a stay-at-home mom at the time, and have no income...so they can't use my credit...