Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Want to know about Algeria?

I wanted to know about Algeria, its people, culture, language and sports. Can somebody help me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Algeria is in North Africa, they speak Arabic and the majority of people there are Muslims. Berber and french are also spoken among some people, it was a French colony.

The population of Algeria is 35,190,000 (January 2009 est.), with 99% classified ethnically as Arab or Berber.[9] About 90% of Algerians live in the northern, coastal area; the minority who inhabit the Sahara are mainly concentrated in oases, although some 1.5 million remain nomadic or partly nomadic. Almost 30% of Algerians are under the age of 15. Algeria has the fourth lowest fertility rate in the Greater Middle East, after those of Cyprus, Tunisia, and Turkey.

Algeria is bordered in the northeast by Tunisia, in the east by Libya, in the west by Morocco, in the southwest by Western Sahara, Mauritania, and Mali, in the southeast by Niger, and in the north by the Mediterranean Sea. Its size is almost 2,400,000 square kilometres (930,000 sq mi), and it has an estimated population of about 35.7 million (2010).[11] The capital of Algeria is Algiers.

Algeria is a member of the Arab League, United Nations, African Union, and OPEC. It is also a founding member of the Arab Maghreb Union.

Source(s): me and wiki
  • 1 decade ago

President: Abdel-Aziz Bouteflika (1999)

Prime Minister: Ahmed Ouyahia (2008)

Total area: 919,590 sq mi (2,381,741 sq km)

Population (2010 est.): 34,586,184 (growth rate: 1.1%); birth rate: 16.7/1000; infant mortality rate: 26.7/1000; life expectancy: 74.2; density per sq mi: 36

Capital and largest city (2003 est.): Algiers, 3,917,000 (metro. area), 1,742,800 (city proper)

Other large cities: Oran, 752,200; Constantine, 530,100; Batna, 278,100; Annaba, 246,700

Monetary unit: Dinar

Government :Parliamentary republic.

Geography:Nearly four times the size of Texas, Algeria is bordered on the west by Morocco and Western Sahara and on the east by Tunisia and Libya. The Mediterranean Sea is to the north, and to the south are Mauritania, Mali, and Niger. The Saharan region, which is 85% of the country, is almost completely uninhabited. The highest point is Mount Tahat in the Sahara, which rises 9,850 ft (3,000 m).

Not Everythinq You Asked For.......But Hope I could Help =]

Source(s): www.infoplease.com
  • 1 decade ago

I can help you with Algeria and Language just send me a question about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Welcome to Algeria, Just come for your Holidays (mes Vacances en Algérie) it s good vidéo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VonsC-iaWDk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.