how to sell my computer?

Wanting to sell my computer and I need to know what to do to prepare it for another owner. For instance, how do I wipe out all the stuff I've put on here?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would always remove the hard disk and sell without, if you have stated that the computer is fully working, using secure wiping tools.

http://www.thefreecountry.com/security/securedelet...

Then reinstall the original OS.

Hope this helps

~Mr Rochey~

• 1 decade ago

Go to My Computer > Right click on all of the Hard drives that you want to wipe > Select Format > Press OK and wait.

Or the other way just reinstall your OS.

• 1 decade ago

depending on what computer you have make and model, it should have a built in restore function.

This isnt a taking your computer back a few days, its a back to factory settings option, normally whern you start ya pc you need to keep tapping f10 or f2..that will kick the process off.

There is scare mungers amongst this lot that will say you can still get software back after its been deleted, dont listen to them, although its true to a certain respect the registry will have been re written over many a time before so unless your someone like me 15years EXP in I.T...they wont have a clue what to do.

Just make sure you get everything off that you want before you sell it.

• 1 decade ago

DBAN the HDD and reinstall the OS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

go to computer shop ...sale there ..lol

if u know how to install operating system install one time

then sale it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.