how to install old printers in windows 7 ?
* how to install old printers in windows 7 ?
printers made in 1998-2002
(at that time, Win XP is about 1 yr old, no windows Vista yet)
* such as canon bjc-series , 255, 265, 4300sp series , epson, hp , etc...
* i've tried the driver cd, tried about 2-4 methods, using folders win95,98nt all failed.
that driver cd was used to install in XP and the printers installed and worked successully 100%.
* this link shows how, there's a OS selector, but looks like it doesn't support Vista or 7 :
- thanks :)
- Albert FLv 510 years agoFavorite Answer
Most Epson, Canon and HP printers can be set-up to use a compatible driver. You will have to go to the Tech References of the manufacturer to find out which ones work. Google is also a good reference also.
- IreneLv 44 years ago
The chances are you can't. I have an all in one and its not even compatable with IE8 let alone Windows 7. You can try HP support by email. Theyre very helpful, and if it can be done they will guide you through the installation with links, Been there, done it,
- 10 years ago
Look it up on google.
Find the driver for the printer.
then look for an update.
- 10 years ago
hi, i have a link for printer driver download. here:
hope it can be helpful to you.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous10 years ago
try to run it in compatibility mode for windows 98 or xp or something older :D