Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

How many US citizens will boycott Mexico due to its support of illegal immigration in the US?

I plan to boycott Mexico and everything Mexican due to Mexico's meddling in US immigration policy. I will never step foot in a Mexican resort or anywhere else In Mexico for that matter. That country can rot for all I care. I will spend my vacations in Europe instead.

Favorite Answer

When Mexico allows illegal immigrants to freely come across their borders from the south their opinion might hold a tiny shred of weight until then they should keep their mouth shut. It's pathetic that Mexico who has much much tougher immigration rules is requesting the US to forget about ours. Here's Mexico's immigration laws and they are enforced strictly and violently.

1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers

allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no

special ballots for elections, all government business will be

conducted in our language.

4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they

are here.

5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no

food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount

equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT

options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property.

That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign

flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his

policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down

and sent straight to jail.

I think we should strive to implement Mexico's policies on immigration.

It would be nice if a lot of people would join you, but I don't think that will be what happens. It troubles me that the boycott of AZ is hurting the middle class people who work pretty hard for a living. I think that the improvement in the law situation of Arizoan is going to change the number of snow birds coming to that state, and that will overcome the idiots that boycott.

Now all of that is to point out that a boycott is a good idea. The problem is.. it can hurt the wrong people. Our war is NOT with the decent folks in Mexico, and it is with the Mexican Mafia and really ugly people down there. As we return the illegal aliens... as we stop the illegal aliens, Mexico is forced to deal with its problems, and that is one very worthy goal. So I would support a boycott.. I would think it needs to be more directed.

Boycott Corona and Tequila. I am sure that Mexico does not employ illegal immigrants in their distilleries and breweries. Also, a back lash has already started and there are less people going to Mexico to take a vacation or retire.

• Jeanne

What makes me mad is when they cross the border ILLEGALLY and join a street gang and then tell me what colors i can and can't wear. They don't even belong here. Also when the immigration bill in AZ was passed they had the nerve to protest it. "OH I'm sorry Jose I didn't mean to stop your fun after you came here illegally and stole jobs and money from this country and its citizens".

Crimes go unreported

Of the 12 million crimes committed annually in Mexico, only 1.5 million are reported due to the distrust of the judicial system, according to the National Human Rights Commission (CNDH). The lack of confidence is based on failure of the judges to give jail sentences, evidenced by the fact that the number of inmates in the prison system has not increased in the past five years.

——————–

Cambio de Michoacan (Morelia, Michoacan) 6/21/10

Like I want to ever go there

Or you could spend you tourist dollars in Ecuador, Argentina or Brazil and keep them in the hemisphere.

Mexico has received the last tourist dollar from me that I will ever spend there.

I don't plan to go back to that criminal, drug lord infested nation again.

Someone needs to start a "BOYCOTT MEXICO!" website.

Is it a boycott or just common sense not to set foot in a country engaged in a violent drug war? Spend your vacation in the US, our tourist communities need your money.

I already boycott them and I especially do not buy produce items from them.

I certainly was happy Uruguay beat them in the World Cup today!

I have been for years.From the way it looks, you'd think Mexico runs this country.If Mexico wants it, Obama gives it to them no questions asked.