What's your favorite baseball player? (day 5)?

Over the next week, Im conducting a research poll to see who your favorite player is.

It's just a fun research survey to see who fan's favorite players are. It can be any player from any team. A pitcher, a catcher, anyone.It does have to be a currently playing baseball player, not someone from the past(im going to make that poll after this one) I'll post the results from the previous day's results the next day. Then on the last day of the poll, I'll post the top 10 favorite player from around baseball. I'll also post the top favorite baseball player from each team as well on the last day. Im going to try to do a BQ along with the poll as well.

So, who's your favorite player? :).

You can also post a reason why you like this player as well if you want.

BQ: Is your favorite player going to be in the All star game this year?

*You can only vote once in this poll since it's fair to everyone

* You can star if you like, even if you already voted in the previous day's poll

Best Answer

Josh Hamilton. He's currently engaged in a 17-game hitting streak. He's hitting almost .500 for the entire month of June. He now has a .337 average, 17 homers, and 56 RBI. Last night, he assisted in cutting down a runner at the plate. He's an effortless ball player. His swing is fluid. He swings through the ball and has tremendous power to all fields. He is fast and steals bases, a very good defensive left fielder, and his arm is so good that he threw a 96 mph fastball in high school. He's the consummate "natural." He's also quiet and has great character. He also does clinics in the DFW area for kids. The Rangers would not have a 9-game winning streak (still going) if it were not for his play.

• Sarah

My favorite or the best. Hmmm. Those I've actually had the plesure to watch. Favorite: 1-Reggie -- Mr. October, Mr Excitment. It was fun watching him strike out. It was even more fun watching him nonchalant in the field. About as flambouyant as you can get away with in baseball and he backed it up. He could throw and he was a winner. And a Reggie dinger, take a moment to admire it, give a little skip, and trot around the bases. 2-Rickey Henderson. There was a time when he turned walks into triples -- dailey. Can't beat that for excitment. Unlikely we will ever see anything like him again. Gold golves too. 3- El Tiante and Gaylord Perry. Just fun to watch. Louis insullted batters by turning his back on them as part of his wind-up. so what if his pitches had an arc to them. Perry from the centerfield bleachers, you could actually see dibris spinning off the ball as he released it. 4- Mantle, Mays and Jeter perfect all around. 5- The Rocket -- Never give an inch. I like that in an athelete (playing or ... ). Honoarable Mention - Pete Rose, a winner. Say it ain't so Pete. Of All-Time: Babe, Koufax, Cy Young, Ted Williams, Ty cobb etc.

So, who's your favorite player? :).

Miguel Cabrera

He's been my favorite player since 2006 when he was with the Marlins. I'm neither a Marlins fan nor a Tigers fan, I just love watching him; his swing is flawless. He's been raking ever since he came into the league when he was only 19 years old (hit a walkoff HR in his first ML game - 2nd player in MLB history to do that) and took Roger Clemens deep in the World Series when he was only 20 years old. If he keeps up this pace, he will be one of the greatest players of all time. According to baseball-reference, the closest matches to players that had similar stats when they were Cabrera's age are Ken Griffey Jr. and Hank Aaron.

BQ - It's up for grabs at this point. I think he's pretty much guaranteed a roster spot, the only question is whether he will start the game or not.

Todd Helton. I've liked the Rockies since they started and Todd Helton has always been with them. He's had a great career with over 2,000 hits. He's also a gold glover and I hope that some day he can get a World Series ring. I don't think he'll make it to the All-Star game this year, but he's no stranger to playing in the game. This may be the first-baseman's last year playing, but he's had a great career with the Colorado, Rockies.

Michael Young

• Leila.

I like Chipper Jones because he's just awesome all-around; I mean, look at his long career. Dustin Pedroia because he's not too tall but he proves you can be really good anyway. Jay Bruce because he really showcases some great defensive skills; He can throw people out to where it's scary. David Wright because he's a good all-around player. Jason Bay because he's a good all-around player too and great in the clutch and he's SUPER underrated. Jeff Francouer because he's also really good defensively and because he used to be a Brave :P (That might be spelled wrong, I always get confused, haha).

Adrian Gonzalez

Delmon Young - because he's aggressive, and successful. His average is close to .450 when he swings at pitch one. I also like how hard he worked to get into the shape he's in now.

BQ - No. He's kind of on a late tear, but I don't mind that he isn't going this year.

The only thing that bugs me about the poll this year is how close 1st base is and the NL 2nd base. Zimmerman or Prado should be leading. Prado gets my vote. But both Phillies and Yankees fans are the same and vote for their favorites.

Derek Jeter