Is it appropriate to send a thank you letter to President Obama thanking him for the great job he's doing?

This is as far as I've gotten: Dear President Obama, Regardless of whether you are a legitimate United States citizen, I would like to thank you for the great job that you have been doing as our fearless leader. You have truly proven to me that "anyone" can grow up to be president in the... show more This is as far as I've gotten:

Dear President Obama,
Regardless of whether you are a legitimate United States citizen, I would like to thank you for the great job that you have been doing as our fearless leader. You have truly proven to me that "anyone" can grow up to be president in the United States of America. Since credentials and proven leadership skills mean nothing to the voting public, I really feel like I've got a good chance at becoming president one day.

*** If you have any suggestions on how I can continue this letter, let me know.