If my parents are divorced can I leave the state with permission of only one?

I'm 16 years old and live in Ohio. My sister wants to bring me on a trip to Texas. Is it legal for me to go with the permission of only my Mom who has full custody, and without the permission of my Dad who has visitation?

Favorite Answer

Assuming this trip takes place during the time your mother has you and she is the custodial parent, all you need is your mother's permission. God bless.

• biggar

feels like your mom has an argument of her very own in there someplace. Why would a mom positioned that on a father it truly is absent? Do you have touch with him? are you able to touch him? no count if that's interior the divorce decree you're able to stay in one state till the age of 21 without his permission, then it relatively is via fact someplace alongside the way HE became worried she would pull hte old i will take off to anothe rstate together with her and you will in no way see her. that's what it truly is there for. to no longer make going to college a project. in case you could tell him you're thinking approximately this and ask how does he feels. If he's nice and all of it is okay, then make your plans. additionally, who's finding out to purchase your college? IS your mom going to pitch in on funds? this would substitute issues. I mean you will no longer be able to bypass defiantly to something you go with help in getting there. If below your mothers roof and nevertheless a based, then you definitely could abide by skill of the regulations set. as quickly as you're 18, you're loose to choose on as you like, yet be keen to pay for that freedom of selection and journey. With age you will learn some issues fee greater effective than they are properly worth. college is often a solid selection. artwork annoying. Make it helpful.

Yes unless the parent that is saying no has some type of court order against you leaving the state.

• nora

your mom has full custody. as long as your sister is a responsible adult, then there shouldn't be any problem. just let your dad know where you are

• rpoker

yes if mom says its all good your fine been there done that good luck

5 stars plz ty

• abe

Hey enjoy your visit.