Ray Allen to Chicago? What's your opinion on the latest trade rumor?

Allen's a free agent this summer. The Celtics might not be able to afford him so I hear. In February, there were rumors of a trade to Chicago in exchange for Salmons, Tyrus, and Hinrich but of course it was unfounded.

A more recent rumor has Ray Allen packaged together with Rondo for a Detroit Pistons trade, but the offer was rejected in Michigan.

The Bulls need a 3-pt shooter. Hell, they need any kind of formidable offense. The Bulls' coach is a former Celts assistant coach. Can he bring Allen over, or at least bring up the suggestion? I'd like this rumor to be true.

How do you feel about this?

Favorite Answer

Tyrus Thomas is already with Charlotte, Salmons with Milwaukee. Only Hinrich remains with us and he's our best defender. Although Thibs loves the kick and drive play I think the Bulls should get a younger piece that would last with the team. I love Ray Allen, but I think what Chicago needs is an all-star that will grow with the team.

Hope this helps.

I'd be fine with allen on the bulls because hinrich is too small to be guarding normal sized shooting guard. The only guard that sizes up with hinrich is d-wade but he also plays at the 1. Hinrich would be a 6th man. Lets say that the bulls keep the same players except add ray allen. That makes Allen's job tougher to get an open shot because he always likes to come off a screen set by garnett or perkins. Chicago doesn't have a hard screener so allen would have to drive more often.

• Erika

The Chicago- Boston commerce seems the perfect out of those trades. The Celtics choose a guy which could unfold the floor for KG and Perkins to do their artwork and that's what rayray's been doin. Hinrich and Salmons are the two good shooters however the main important situation is that their protection isn't super. in the event that they commerce Ray Allen, Boston would maximum possibly have basically one option while it consists of grasp taking photos (Pierce) so Pierce is going to could look after taking photos hard threes in front of lebron's face interior the playoffs.

That would be awesome because then there is no reason to get Dwyane Wade to Chicago...haha, but yeah it is true take Ray Allen off the bench? Yeah right...

Yeah, but that would be good for the Bulls, you got Rose, Deng, Allen, and then maybe even Lebron James or Chris Bosh and you got a pretty great team.

I think Ray allen has really aged up since that game 2 performance in the finals

Maybe if the celtics pick a shooting guard he might leave if the get a center or a forward he might stay

They're trying to get him to help lure Lebron to the Bulls this offseason

that's a good idea because allen got to play his best but, in boston he knows he don't have to do nothing i wish he plays like when he was in seattle.

I hope it goes thru, if they dont sign ray they'll have money for joe or even dwyane if they dont sign ray and pierce

• WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK SALMONS PLAYS FOR THE BULLS HE WAS TRADED TO SCRAMENTO AND GO PISTONS TRADE UP AND SELECT COUSINS AND GO UK CATS!!!