promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me (john 14:6) was Jesus lying or forgetful?

Did Jesus forget he is also the Father ?

Did he forget the Saints can act as a go between ?

Did he lie ?

Update:

Greg

There are so many versions of the trinity lie how can anyone pick which lie to pick on ?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As Jesus was perfect, without sin, he didn't lie. False religion lies when it claims Jesus is his own Father, Almighty God. Saints are no go between, Jesus himself is our intercessor with Jehovah God, no one else.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Helene
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No Jesus did not forget the He is also the Father, but He was God in human flesh, the Branch of God. The Father God is Spirit and consuming fire, the Son God is God in human flesh or God when He becomes flesh so He can walk among us. The Saints cannot act as a go between. Only One way to heaven and the throne of Almighty God and that is through His Son Jesus the Savior of mankind. If you are going to heaven you will get there only by your Savior, Jesus the Christ. No other way. God does not lie. Jesus is God and God does not lie. I can't speak for all Christians, but I can tell them that God hates a liar. Jesus also said, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." Jesus also said, "I and the Father are One." Neither the saints, nor Mary, nor the Pope nor any person can get you to heaven. Jesus is The ONLY Way. Forget Oprah or any other person that preaches a gospel different from the gospel of Jesus Christ and if they do - let them be accursed.

• Royael
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Let's not confuse the fact that the Holy Trinity is God in three persons. We have our Heavenly Father. His Beloved Son our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

He gave the saints permission to be intercessors and He did not forget anything. God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should repent. There are many things human beings do not understand and cannot interpret. But one thing we should always be mindful of and that is to always respect and honor the Lord Your God.

Spend time prayerfully studying the Holy Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you through the scriptures. And some of the things that confuse you will become clear.

Study the character of God.

Source(s): For those of you who donot understand the role of the saints read/study the book of Revelations. Perhaps, in doing so, you will aquire some revelation.
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus was telling the truth.

Jesus is NOT the Father and the doctrine of the trinity does not state that He is.

Jesus is our only mediator.

No, He did not lie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus and the father r one and at the same time two different persons of the trinity. Jesus is saying that what he is teaching is the only way to heaven, (unless do to your upbringing you dont know jesus, and in that case God judges u apon what you did know)

Also, the saints are not a go between.

so... he wasnt lying

• 1 decade ago

He is NOT also the Father. The Trinity is three DISTINCT persons.

The intercession of the Saints works THROUGH Christ!

In the book of Revelation, John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:8)

Who are the prayers of the Saints directed to? That's right! They fell down before the Lamb! (That's Christ, btw).

• 1 decade ago

1. He didn't forget

2. Saints can't act as a go between.

3. He didn't lie.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is Jesus god? I didn't get that out of the bible, but if you really think he is, then he was lying. However I don't think the people who wrote the bible would make jesus lie like that, so I don't think Jesus is the Father...

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Jesus isn't the Father.

Why don't you learn the trinity and argue against the actual doctrine, instead of attacking straw men all the time? That would be the HONEST thing to do.

Your questions are always manipulative and deceitful, what would Jesus say to someone who doesn't love the truth and deliberately misrepresents his opponents position just to appear right?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No he did not. Jesus is not the Father. Jesus is one WITH the Father. But NOT the Father.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.