Toshiba vs Dell Laptop..?

Alrighty...So I've owned my Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop for almost 2 1/2 years i believe. I have had nothing but problems with it...Nothing HUGE but I mean it has to constantly stay plugged in because something is wrong with the motherboard. And I had to replace the hard drive a while back because it had a... show more Alrighty...So I've owned my Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop for almost 2 1/2 years i believe. I have had nothing but problems with it...Nothing HUGE but I mean it has to constantly stay plugged in because something is wrong with the motherboard. And I had to replace the hard drive a while back because it had a defective AC cord that ruined the hard drive so says my DELL representative. So, now I am heading off to college. I am wanting a nice laptop that can keep up with me. I am looking at buying a A505 Toshiba i3 for $616 brand new from Best Buy. My dad said he'll give me $200 for mine and pay 3 months of my car insurance(It has some upgrades so its somewhat a good deal and it will be my little sisters B-Day present). I have been working for over 3 years so money isnt a problem but im looking to spend NO more then $650. Is there something better I can get for $650 or should I go pick up my Toshiba? Thanks in advance.
Update: Yes..I agree with both responses so far. My friends just got Toshibas and i was looking at them and LOVED them...I used to own HP..thats an experience to laugh at! Dell? Laugh at that again...Looking for something serious now. Looks like im going with Toshiba
9 answers 9