Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why am I losing more weight than the weight loss calculators predicted?

Before I came up with my weight loss plan, I utilized about 5-6 different weight loss calculators online, all of which asked me for my sex, age, height, weight, activity level, and the amount of calories per day that I planned to consume. I put everything in, and said that I would be eating about 1000 calories per day. All of the calculators told me that I would lose about a pound a week. Even the other types of calculators that asked for your weight goal and time told me that I would have to eat about 1000 calories per day to reach my weight loss goal.

So why am I losing 4 pounds a week on this diet plan? I'm not being more physically active.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you are basically starving yourself. A lot of your initial weight loss may be water. Also, those calculators may be telling you what is a healthy and sustainable weight loss rate. It's hard to say, really. If you continue to lose weight at this rate, I would talk with a Doctor.

Also, it really is in your best interest to start incorporating some low-impact activities, like walking for 30 minutes every day.

Going low carb is which may encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially processed carbs like muffins and bagels) including a little fat.

Include at least 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, some sort of hormone that stimulates your desire for foods. Include eggs, which are that can control hunger.

Include at least 10 to 15 grams involving protein, which suppresses ghrelin, any hormone that stimulates your urge for food. Include eggs, which are which may control hunger.

Set your personal machine alarm to ring hourly—stand upwards for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off.

You initial extra weight you are losing is water weight it will even out as your body adjusts.

Source(s): I am an exercise science major

Skipping meals will make you more hungry so avoid skip meals

Double dinner recipes so you will get the leftovers for lunch.

turn on tunes and dance while cooking

With breakfast, go ahead and take in orange juice. But throughout all of those other day, focus on water instead of juice or soda