Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why am I losing more weight than the weight loss calculators predicted?

Before I came up with my weight loss plan, I utilized about 5-6 different weight loss calculators online, all of which asked me for my sex, age, height, weight, activity level, and the amount of calories per day that I planned to consume. I put everything in, and said that I would be eating about 1000 calories per day. All of the calculators told me that I would lose about a pound a week. Even the other types of calculators that asked for your weight goal and time told me that I would have to eat about 1000 calories per day to reach my weight loss goal.

So why am I losing 4 pounds a week on this diet plan? I'm not being more physically active.

36 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you are basically starving yourself. A lot of your initial weight loss may be water. Also, those calculators may be telling you what is a healthy and sustainable weight loss rate. It's hard to say, really. If you continue to lose weight at this rate, I would talk with a Doctor.

Also, it really is in your best interest to start incorporating some low-impact activities, like walking for 30 minutes every day.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Going low carb is which may encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially processed carbs like muffins and bagels) including a little fat.

• 5 years ago

Include at least 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, some sort of hormone that stimulates your desire for foods. Include eggs, which are that can control hunger.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Include at least 10 to 15 grams involving protein, which suppresses ghrelin, any hormone that stimulates your urge for food. Include eggs, which are which may control hunger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Set your personal machine alarm to ring hourly—stand upwards for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off.

• 1 decade ago

You initial extra weight you are losing is water weight it will even out as your body adjusts.

Source(s): I am an exercise science major
  • 4 years ago

Skipping meals will make you more hungry so avoid skip meals

• 4 years ago

Double dinner recipes so you will get the leftovers for lunch.

• 4 years ago

turn on tunes and dance while cooking

• 4 years ago

With breakfast, go ahead and take in orange juice. But throughout all of those other day, focus on water instead of juice or soda

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.