Bicycle Racks: In your town/city, is it a requirement for apartments to have minim. # of bike racks 4 parking?

Hi I am having trouble with my apartment managers. I live in Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles) and we have a 2 bedroom, and only one car parking spot. So, I decided to bike. But, I don't have the upper body strength and also my foot is injured (not so much that i can't bike though) so i can't carry it up and down the stairs every day (sometimes more than once). Is this discrimination that they won't accommodate me with bicycle parking? Is there a requirement in your town/city to have apartments supply a minimum number of bicycle parking spots/place to lock up bikes?

Thanks so much in advance - any links and sources are highly appreciated!

Update:

my managers already ruled out chaining it to a tree, post or gate, so that is not an option. Believe me, I have tried everything.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

No not in my city. And not being able to carry a bike upstairs is not a protected class. Sorry, chain it to a tree or a sign if you cannot carry it.

• 10 years ago

Yes, there is a regulation which concerns USA too: every car park must provide 10-30% of its space for bicycle parking. Ideal bike racks to be placed in such situations www.bikepark.auto-mart.hr

Source(s): www.bikepark.auto-mart.hr
  • 3 years ago

Park it next to a stable submit like a capability pole or street lamp and chain it up with a stable logging chain in a plastic hose that isn't scratch your motorbike with a hefty padlock. do not use a street sign or something which would be got rid of with a million bolt. U bolts and cables are junk. Ask any motorbike courier. Chain up the two wheels besides and the rest which would be incredibly got rid of. solid success

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.