Bicycle Racks: In your town/city, is it a requirement for apartments to have minim. # of bike racks 4 parking?

Hi I am having trouble with my apartment managers. I live in Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles) and we have a 2 bedroom, and only one car parking spot. So, I decided to bike. But, I don't have the upper body strength and also my foot is injured (not so much that i can't bike though) so i can't carry it up... show more Hi I am having trouble with my apartment managers. I live in Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles) and we have a 2 bedroom, and only one car parking spot. So, I decided to bike. But, I don't have the upper body strength and also my foot is injured (not so much that i can't bike though) so i can't carry it up and down the stairs every day (sometimes more than once). Is this discrimination that they won't accommodate me with bicycle parking? Is there a requirement in your town/city to have apartments supply a minimum number of bicycle parking spots/place to lock up bikes?

Thanks so much in advance - any links and sources are highly appreciated!
Update: my managers already ruled out chaining it to a tree, post or gate, so that is not an option. Believe me, I have tried everything.