promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
. asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Does the Pre-Ranger course really better your chances of graduating ranger school?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pre-Ranger school helps immensely for those non-combat MOS's that do not necessarily practice squad level tactics on a basis as the infantry might. Pre-Ranger school identifies everything you will need to know, and will be tested on, at the actual Ranger School.

I would say it 100% increases your chances of passing Ranger School by preparing you for what is coming (that is if you pass it, of course).

Source(s): US Army Active Duty
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When I was in the just had RIP and at the time it was not really anything more than getting dogged non stop until someone decided you were able to make it though Ranger School. You never knew if it was going to last 2 weeks or 2 months.

From what I understand now, they actually assess you and prepare you to succeed. Now, whether or not that makes a better Ranger is very hotly debated, but you will at least know what is going to be expected of you and that has to give one an advantage over the old ways.

• d375
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It absolutely betters your chances.

In the 75th, Pre-Ranger is mandatory. Not so you can get your tab, but so you can get your tab fast and without recycling phases a whole lot... your platoon needs you training for deployment, not messing with knots during mountains for 2 months because you keep recycling.

Almost all infantry units have pre-ranger courses, but none are as brutal and infamous as the 75th Pre-Ranger course. I thought it was worse than RIP, and I was glad to finally get to Ranger School. Pre-Ranger to me is the shittiest course I have ever done.

Source(s): I love my warm bed and dry clothes.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to the link below.

Before pre ranger school, national guard soldiers failed ranger school at a 70% rate

After They started pre ranger school, 70% of national guard soldiers passed ranger school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Some. It will teach you some skills and get you in better shape but you still have to really want to graduate to stay. Oh and dont make your classmates mad because they can peer you out.

Source(s): stuff
  • 1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is a reason why they have it...to increase your chances.

Source(s): Me, experience and common sense
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Only if you complete it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.