Is it illegal to use pictures you found from google images on your bookmarks to sell them?

I am eleven, so please do not be so critical about my knowledge with this whole thing.

Anyway, I use google images to find pictures for my bookmarks. I plan on selling them, but this thought came to me, asking if it was illegal or not. So here I am asking this question. Does giving credit on the back of bookmarks change anything?

Also, what is the best way for a kid to sell bookmarks? I use Photoshop and make my own templates, then print them out on thick paper. Please help, I'd love to make money. Thanks.

• ?
    Best Answer

As-long as you're not commercial you should be fine. It's illegal though. But if you're just selling them to your friends or something like that, it should be fine. Plus if you Photoshop it enough it won't be considered illegal. Some people give away free and some people claim ownership (copyright) and they can give this to you if you ask, but these things are written agreements and you don't need to worry about it because your selling won't be seen as pirating unless you're making like thousands of dollars off of someone else's work.

You'd have to check each picture individually for any ownership on the website.

Contact the owner of the site the picture was on (not google) and find out.

well if there is a copy write on them then it is but you can always ask permission. Asking for permission is always a good idea when using someone elses material.