el.queso asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Should I drop A.J. Burnett and add Trevor Cahill?

My other starting pitchers are:

Halladay

Lester

Hamels

Sanchez

Oswalt

Favorite Answer

i definitely wouldnt......i have never really liked Burnett,and he has been truly awful for most of this yr......however,he has a great lineup hitting behind him,so he doesnt have to be dominant to get W's......

however,i definitely would sit him for his next start or maybe two starts.......if you have the chance to p/u a legitimately good SP and drop Burnett,then think about it.....but Cahill hasnt proved anything yet,and the A's cant hit........i wouldnt expect much from Burnett for the rest of the yr,but it's not smart to drop him for a guy like Cahill,not yet anyway.....

You can certainly afford to lose AJ since you've got really good starting pitchers, but I'd stick with him. He is a very 'streaky' pitcher, if there is such a thing, and it's about the time where he starts going on a hot streak. Cahill's fantasy value lies mostly in keeper leagues. Seeing how good your starters are, I'm guessing this isn't a super deep league, in which case you should have some better options in the FA pool than Cahill. If you're serious on dumping AJ or you don't have any good options in the FA pool, then I'd at least try shopping AJ around first to see if I can at least get someone in return.

Try trading AJ for a cheap pitcher. There are guys who are better than Cahill that you could get for Burnett.

Yes, go for it. You're other starting pitchers are solid. Two other suggestions besides Cahill would be Max Scherzer and Mike Leake. Good luck.

Yes! i am a diehard A's fan and have had cahill the whole year and he has dun nothing but good stuff for the A's. He manages to get wins despite the A's low run support. Luck to you on your fantasy endeavors.

Sorry, but should have done this weeks ago. Cahill has been solid. I have him on several teams. Giving up two HRs to Holiday did not change my mind. His team won and he would have if he had any run support.

Good luck.

no stick it out i'd put big money on aj burnett bouncing back during the second half of the season

I would Burnett is a bum..as the Monday night game would tell you.

No just bench him When AJ is good he is really good and his ERA is under 1 hes jus slumping right now,hes thinking to much.But to much value to release if anything try a trade

im going to bench aj burnett til he gets better and cools off of his bad streak. i would add cahil for sum1 else thou and wait to see how bunett does next couple starts if he does bad i would drop him then. can u answer my question too please.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhBew...