Why is there no cure for the common cold?

This is bullshit! And before judging me and making smarmy remarks, please read my entire question first. It boggles me that there's no cure for AIDS or the common cold or the oil spill, but there's still technology to make things like IPads, new iphones with video chatting, 3D televisions, induction... show more This is bullshit! And before judging me and making smarmy remarks, please read my entire question first.

It boggles me that there's no cure for AIDS or the common cold or the oil spill, but there's still technology to make things like IPads, new iphones with video chatting, 3D televisions, induction technology for countertops and stoves, and wireless devices galore. Makes no sense! Are scientists just lazy, or are we being lied to by the government? Hell, Magic Johnson has AIDS and he's still alive. Perhaps only select few get the cures. I'm not being a idiot here, it just doesn't make any sense! Thoughts?