Credit card payment due date vs. closing date: a question?

My credit card's payment due date is on the 20th and I'm almost always paid in full on that date (and I don't charge anything for a week before that date to make certain of it). My closing date is on the 24th. If I make purchases between those two dates (in the four day period), will the charges be... show more My credit card's payment due date is on the 20th and I'm almost always paid in full on that date (and I don't charge anything for a week before that date to make certain of it). My closing date is on the 24th. If I make purchases between those two dates (in the four day period), will the charges be considered as an unpaid balance? Will I be penalized by having any balance before the closing date even though I was paid up by the due date?

Whew, hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help.

My card is a Chase Rewards card, so I like to charge most anything I buy (and pay up promptly).