Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

United Nations Security Council?

What do members of the Yahoo Answer community think of the structure of the UN Security council.

-- Are the US, China, Russia, France and UK a fair representation of the entire world.

-- Should the right to veto be abolished.

-- Should there be a weigh to the vote of each member ( for e.g. Should the vote cast by Brazil be the same as a vote cast by the Maldives or should there be a higher weight for Brazil )

-- India, Brazil and South Africa are lobbying to be included as permanent members of the UNSC. I would rather see these countries lobby for the abolishment of the UNSC.

http://www.proud2bindian.in/

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They are all racist crooks and should move to France. Peace

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

US - Yes

China - Yes

Russia - Yes

France - No, but I agree Europe should have a seat the Council. Perhaps it should belong to the EU or rotate to a separate European state every few years.

UK - Maybe, all in all they are still one of the more powerful states in the world.

Should the right to veto be abolished? No, that's the point. Resolutions require unanimity to have binding force, both in practice and letter.

Should votes be weighted? No. One country, one vote.

South Africa has no right for a permanent seat on the UNSC but India definitely does and Brazil deserves consideration.

• 4 years ago

Actually, there are only five permanent members of the security council, the UK, France, the USA, Russia (previously the USSR) and China (previously the island now known as Taiwan had the veto though). The link below should be of help. I hope you find it of use.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think I would actually care about this question and the UN in general if they weren't so pussy footed to stand up to the injustices around the world. What have they done about Tibet? Rwanda? Somalia? Etc?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The UN is a joke and a waste of money. The "Security Council" is even a bigger joke.

• 1 decade ago

Conservative people from the US don't consider themselves citizens of the world, they would rather the money be spent cramming the pockets of Rupert Murdoch or Newt Gingrich or Dick Cheney or some other fascist prole

• 1 decade ago

I think they are all waiting until after the world cup. Just be happy your in the G20 and shut up.

• GARF
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think the U.S. should kick the U.N out of the country and withdraw from membership. Who cares what the say or do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

THE UN WAS FULL OF NAZI AND IT SHOULD BE IN CHINA NOT NEW YORK

A REAL LEDER WOULD MOVE IT FROM NYNY

Source(s): UNCF BAD PEOPLE
  • 1 decade ago

waste of time money space oxygen!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.