Web Site User Interface Design Software...?

Hi,... I'm searching for a tool which could easily design user interfaces of web sites. I mainly use php. Is there a design tool which is user friendly and easy to learn.

Thanks

Best Answer

If you are used to Visual Studio, the web developer version is pretty nice. You can design the page by dragging and dropping controls, and then script and program from there. If I am not mistaken, you can use PHP with it. There is the Express version (free), and the pay version which costs a lot of money. However, if you are a college student (or know one), you can get the complete Visual Studio suite (and many other useful design programs) for free from www.dreamspark.com (it's run by MS).

Source(s): Personal experience

ABSOLUTELY NO WYSIWYG whatsoever! At the minimum, you need to code using (X)HTML, javascript, php, mySQL, AJAX, on a LAMP server, (more on a window server), and develop your code using a plain text editor like Notepad++. Any attempt with Dreamweaver, Frontpage or other IDE will lamentably fail. Web design IDEs are made for amateurs to make statics sites, nothing else. You have a very long way to go, so, start coding! Good luck!

Here's what I do: I design the templates piece by piece in Adobe Photoshop CS2 & ImageReady, then I use CSS and HTML to manipulate their positioning. Learning these two languages is very simple. I would look into <DIV></DIV> tags.

Best of luck to you

Start by using Kompozer - it's free, so if you don't like working that way you haven't lost anything. http://kompozer.net/ Dreamweaver is a big chunk of cash to throw out when you realize that you're killing a gnat with an H-bomb.

You may also want to look at Blue Voda http://www.bluevoda.com/

web

only thing i can think of is dreamweaver. u could download a template offline.