What is a Philophil in the English language?

I have heard this word many times and i would like to know what it is.

Thank you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • taffy
    Lv 4
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

i don't think that philophil is a word in english, but since it sounds like "falafel", this is what a falafel is:

"a fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas and/or fava beans. Falafel is usually served in a pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flat bread known as lafa. The falafel balls are topped with salads, pickled vegetables and hot sauce, and drizzled with tahini-based sauces".

if this has nothing to do with what you were asking, i apologize!

• 10 years ago

I've never heard of a philophil.

Do you mean 'philophile?' If so, it's really more of a slang word, and it means literally lover of love. In essence, however, it means 'someone who is in love with the concept of being in love.' This is opposed to actually loving the person/object.

Hope that helps!

• 3 years ago

Philophil

• 10 years ago

I've never heard this word and cannot find it in any dictionary. If you google it you get a website domain company amonst other oddments.

I wonder if you mean Filofax, a diary/notebook/calender/address book system?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Regina
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

someone who loves love itself, ie, that person that falls in and out of love constantly. Spelled philophile. I think it may be slang.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.