What is the True origin of the internet term Spam and who coined it. Appears to be an acronym.?

From Webopdia: There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of... show more From Webopdia:

There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the computer group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:

Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entrée.
Sometimes it is actually tasty, like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people.
Update: Come on u Nerds, Thimk!
Nov 25, 1991; Dawson,
Fred ; ...process known as asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL). Ping, "You've got mail"---- Remember? Don't make me figure it out myself, please! I hate it when that happens.
Update 2: I mentioned ADSL because it was before spam - took 20 minutes to download a picture, everything on the internet was free, and everything went by an acronym.