How Can global warming be avoided..?
OK some of you have come up with established ideas.. But human race is ever evolving with usage of newer and newer ventures.. if we stick to those established ideas does it mean we have to stop over progress..?
- ~QT~™Lv 410 years agoBest Answer
Global warming is already happening; therefore, it can't be avoided. However, there are many solutions to stop AGW (anthropogenic global warming).
The obvious solution is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We can do this by reducing our energy consumption and using cleaner energy. The majority of our greenhouse gas emissions comes from burning fossil fuels for transportation (gasoline) and to produce energy (coal).
Here are some simple steps anyone can take to reduce their energy consumption:
Heating and cooling your home:
• Lower your thermostat in the winter
• Raise your thermostat in the summer
• Dress appropriately
• Install a programmable thermostat to regulate your heating and cooling when you are not home
• Do not place lamps near a thermostat
• Clean or replace filters on your furnace and air conditioner
• Get your furnace and air conditioner inspected every few years
• Keep the outside portion of a central air conditioner clear from dried mud, debris and grass clippings. Check after an intense rain. Mud can splatter onto the unit and block the air after it dries
• During the summer, shade windows on the sunny side of your home. Keep drapes closed or add room-darkening shades to block out the heat from the sun
• On hot summer days, avoid opening doors and windows in your home during the afternoon. This allows cool air to escape and hot air to enter the home. Choose activities that are either indoors or outdoors and restrict activities that require many door openings to the mornings
• Wrap your water heater in an insulation blanket
• Insulate pipes, walls, lofts, doors, windows, etc.
• Replace your old single-glazed windows with double-glazing
Lighting and Appliances:
• If you need an appliance, choose an energy star rated unit
• Unplug unnecessary appliances
• Do not leave appliances on standby
• Use energy efficient lightbulbs
• Turn of unnecessary lights
Washing and Drying:
• Run your dishwasher without the "drying cycle" and just let dishes drip dry
• Use the dishwasher or washing machine only when they are full
• Dry light and heavy clothing separately for maximum efficiency
• Empty the lint trap after each use of the dryer
• Install a dryer vent hood where your dryer discharges to the outside to reduce the amount of heat escaping from this hole
• If buying a new dryer, find one with a moisture sensor that turns off when the clothes are dry
• Cover your pots while cooking
• Bake with glass or ceramic pans which allow you to set the temperature in the oven by 25 degrees Fahrenheit lower than the recipe calls for
• Choose small appliances over big ones, such as a toaster oven, electric teapot, rice cooker, electric frypan or a crackpot
• Make more food than you need for one meal and then heat the leftovers in a microwave
• Choose products that come with little packaging and buy refills when you can
• Buy local produce
• Buy fresh foods instead of frozen
• Eat fewer meat and dairy products
• Buy organic foods as much as possible
• Use cloth bags when shopping at the grocery store
• Reduce your driving speed from 65 mph to 55 mph
• Avoid quick acceleration or sudden braking unless your life is in danger
• Use cruise control when highway driving
• Avoid rough roads where possible. Smooth road surfaces can reduce fuel consumption
• Remove any extra weight in the vehicle, such as items you don't need to use that are stored in the trunk
• Put items inside the vehicle rather than on roof racks to reduce drag
• Don't leave an empty roof rack on your car
• Check your tires weekly to make sure they’re properly inflated
• Drive a fuel efficient vehicle
• If you need a new vehicle, choose an alliterative fuel model
• Fly less
• Walk or bike when possible
• Use public transport or carpool when you need to drive
Encourage others to reduce their energy consumption:
• Encourage your school or business to reduce emissions
• Support businesses that recycle and take other important measure to reduce global warming
• Write to your local senators and state congressmen
• Join the virtual march : http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/
• Recycle and reuse; http://www.nwf.org/Global-Warming/Personal-Solutio...
• Buy less stuff: Everything we buy creates waste and uses energy both in the manufacturing process and after we use it
Use cleaner energy
• Sign up to a green energy supplier For more information on green power availability, visit http://www.green-e.org
• Generate your own power - use solar panels or wind turbines, etc.
- LorettaLv 44 years ago
First off, I find it funny that you refer to them as global warming "theorists," as if global warming is just some idea that some random person came up with. Second, are you saying that global warming doesn't exist? Do you really believe that all the pollutants we (referring to human beings) are putting in the air and all the energy and natural resources we are using up isn't having any effect on the world? You should have thought a little more about the wording in your question before posting it. Go do some research. Bottled water isn't exactly at the top of the list of environmental concerns. Go visit Myrtle Beach and see how much higher the tides and ocean levels have gotten in the last few years and you try telling me that global warming is just a theory.
- endpovLv 710 years ago
If people, governments, companies, corporations and organizations continue to "ratchet up" their current efforts to try and reduce AGW (anthropogenic global warming) as time goes by, I think there may be a chance that we could see progress and success over this problem over time...
And that is one way global warming could be avoided
There is actually more to be encouraged about than discouraged, because there are many things that are being done to remedy this situation, like using alternative forms and sources of energy, to hybrid vehicles and other forms of new technology. Combatting global warming is an important part of the "green culture and movement" and is rapidly becoming an important part of big business. With all these things being done, we only have to find out how much effort is enough in order to avoid too much global warming. We probably also have to accomplish this goal before too many more natural disasters occur...
- 10 years ago
Hai leon,Man can never live without progress, but he has to always understand that progress doesn't mean detoriation of the environment. For e.g.man can't live without electricity,but getting the electricity by coal makes the environment detoriated. So,for that we are using alternative energy source.we are using hydro electric power,solar power,etc,.If human race involove in these kinds of alternatives more & more,he can get progressed & progressed &also can control the global warming.This kind of alternatives should be used in various fields.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous10 years ago
“There is no convincing evidence that human release of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases is causing, or will cause in the future, catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere or disruption of the Earth's climate.”
Oregon Petition, from the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, signed by over 17,000 international scientists including more than 2000 of the world's leading climatologists, meteorologists and planetary / atmospheric scientists.
“The attempts of environmentalists to bolster the myth of human-induced 'global warming' by the cynical, nay gleeful, exploitation of non-equilibrium climatic events is downright immoral.”
Professor of Bi ogeography, University of London,
in a letter to The Times
“All this concern with the effects of global warming is another manifestation of being politically correct”
Lord Young of Graffham, in a letter to The Times, 28th Nov 2000.
“Global warmers predict that global warming is coming, and our emissions are to blame. They do that to keep us worried about our role in the whole thing. If we aren't worried and guilty, we might not pay their salaries. It's that simple.”
Winner of the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
“The problem we are faced with is that the meteorological establishment and the global warming lobby research bodies which receive large funding are now apparently so corrupted by the largesse they receive that the scientists in them have sold their integrity. ”
Weather Action bulletin
“ . . . Perhaps of even greater significance is the continuous and profound distrust of science and technology that the environmental movement displays. The environmental movement maintains that science and technology cannot be relied upon to build a safe atomic power plant, to produce a pesticide that is safe, or even bake a loaf of bread that is safe, if that loaf of bread contains chemical preservatives. When it comes to global warming, however, it turns out that there is one area in which the environmental movement displays the most breathtaking confidence in the reliability of science and technology, an area in which, until recently, no one — even the staunchest supporters of science and technology — had ever thought to assert very much confidence at all. The one thing, the environmental movement holds, that science and technology can do so well that we are entitled to have unlimited confidence in them, is FORECAST THE WEATHER! — for the next one hundred years...”
The Toxicity of Environmentalism.
“Global warming is indeed a scam, perpetrated by scientists with vested interests, but in need of crash courses in geology, logic and the philosophy of science.”
Dr Martin Keeley
Visiting Professor in Petroleum Geology, University College London
“Global warming has taken the place of Communism as an absurdity that 'liberals' will defend to the death regardless of the evidence showing its folly.”
“The Earth's climate has always shown natural variatio n … There is nothing to suggest that any warming we are seeing now is not part of that natural cycle.”
“Every generation has had an apocalyptic myth.”
“The language of climate change is becoming … religious”
Professor Richard Lindzen
- 10 years ago
Compare and Save on your Business Electricity and Business Gas bills by using FREE price comparison and switching service. Whether you're a small business, large business, commercial business or home-based business, it can help cut your energy prices down to size.Source(s): http://www.makeitcheaper.com.au
- Anonymous10 years ago
The ‘Inconvenient Truth’ About Media Coverage of Climate Change http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/200...
- 10 years ago
Wow there are a lot of worthless scientist around giving worthless information. This planet have been a lot hotter than is now. Nothing you or any one else do, have any effect on the climatic changes. Long after man kind is gone, this planet will still have periods of cooling and heating. The sun will see to it. My .02.
- SarkyLv 710 years ago
It can't be avoided.
Warming and cooling periods are a part of the natural cycle of the earth.
- 10 years ago
it is too late my friend but we can do things to slow down it, eat less beef because they produce too much carbon with their farts, also drive less or drive electric or solar cars, recycle more, grow more trees, reduce the human population(in my opinion)