Is the U.S. completely screwed now?

We are already struggling to keep employment up. Now some people are saying this oil leak is going to destroy any recovery, and cause the unemployment rate to skyrocket.

IDK. I really feel like anything can happen at this point, but it's not gonna be pretty.

Predictions?

Favorite Answer

Yes a bad situation has steadily grown worse.Wait till all of this is affects not only by fishermen and oilmen that have lost their way of life but hotels and tourist states that will have all that badly curtailed by the oil spill from Texas to Florida.

• nanny

If one or two of these happen, I'm digging myself a hole.

1. The next big west coast earthquake

2. Gulf coast hurricane

3. Nuclear war in the middle east or Asia

4. Congress cancelling unemployment extension, medicare/medicaid payments, reducing social security payments or letting another 'too big to fail' corporation fail.

You need to stop believing what every one else is saying including news reporters and news channels. The only people who know whats going on is the president he is the one who is at the heart of everything that goes on in America. The president turned affordable health insurance into law when Republicans did not want you to have it. He also got 20 billion for the people who are suffering because of the oil spill. This president is helping us to recover after the Republican president Bush screwed everything up and left us unemployed and the economy in total destruction. If you were more into politics like me you would not be worried because when you are informed and trust what my president is doing and you see him doing good things for us and remember that Bush did nothing for us you would not be so scared about the future of this country this country has never stayed down and now we are rising higher because of our president who cares about the American people.

Things are very very bad for the US for many different reasons, but never give up on Americans. Countries who have been around for thousands of years (unlike us) know that we are different because of our NEVER SAY DIE attitude.

I predict that America will survive - but only if we stop bickering amongst ourselves. The only thing that will destroy us is fighting between democrats & republicans and conservatives vs liberals. The political party of the President is irrelevant!

U.S.A.: UNITED WE STAND OR DIVIDED WE FALL. We are in control of our destiny.

No, the economic impact of the oil leak is not great.

But the environmental impact is huge

I think the ongoing wars in iraq and afganistan are adding to the allready great american debt which I have no idea how it will pay

• Curt J

My customized "Magic 8 Ball" says: This too shall pass, once Obama is gone.

Source(s): Just my opinion

No not completely, wait till IRAN goes nuclear.

obama just won't stop

With Obama leading ....common sense would say YES

don't worry in 2012 we all going to die