My eczema is causing my face and neck to swell up, what can I do?

I am 13 and I have awful ecezma on my face, neck, arms and legs. I also suffer from asthma and allergies. My eczema is easily irritated and causes me extreme pain. At the present moment any cream I put on it even Hydrocortisone cream or an unperfumed moisturiser aggravates the redness, swelling and flaky skin. I am looking for help combatting the extreme discomfort and swelling it is causing me, any ideas?

1

Source(s): Eczema Solutions http://teres.info/CureEczemaForEver

eczema is common these days all over the world. Do you know that there is a connection about eczema and diet. You should notice what you eat, and try something natural is better than you are taking chemical medication. I found this site, they provide you a lot of tips about natural eczema remedy. No pills, no creams, and no steroids. Try at

Well

In order to cure eczema, the most important thing you need to do is to stop the itchy feeling to eventually stop the spread of its symptoms. It is greatly recommended that you take preventive measures, such as eating healthy foods and getting enough rest, which can possibly prevent environmental eczema factors from affecting you.

I strongly recommend this natural remedy. It's a proven method I tested myself with very good and fast results: http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=556

Bye

• Kenika

This is very common. It is most likely "Baby Acne". No need to pack up and head to the ER like I did last year when the same thing showed up on 4wk old daughter at the time! I knew better too! This is my husbands 1st child so when he saw the rash, he freaked out and made me second guess my instinct's! Spent 2 hours and $1,200 for the doctor to look at her and tell us nothings wrong it's Baby Acne and it will clear up on it's own. Less than 5mins! Anyway, just keep an eye on her, how could you not,I'm sure she is so darn cute you can't take your eyes off her :) it will clear up in a few wks if not sooner. if there is fever, vomiting, ect.. then worry and take her in. Hope that helped.

Corticosteroid creams and ointments have been used for many years to treat atopic dermatitis and other autoimmune diseases affecting the skin. Sometimes the base used in certain brands of corticosteroid creams and ointments irritates the skin of a particular patient. Side effects of repeated or long-term use of topical corticosteroids can include thinning of the skin, infections, growth suppression (in children), and stretch marks on the skin.

When topical corticosteroids are not effective, the doctor may prescribe a systemic corticosteroid, which is taken by mouth or injected instead of being applied directly to the skin. An example of a commonly prescribed corticosteroid is prednisone. The side effects of systemic corticosteroids can include skin damage, thinned or weakened bones, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, infections, and cataracts.

In adults, drugs that suppress the immune system, such as cyclosporine, methotrexate, or azathioprine, may be prescribed to treat severe cases of atopic dermatitis that have failed to respond to other forms of therapy. These drugs block the production of some immune cells and curb the action of others. The side effects of drugs like cyclosporine can include high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, kidney problems, headaches, tingling or numbness, and a possible increased risk of cancer and infections. There is also a risk of relapse after the drug is stopped. Because of their toxic side effects, systemic corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs are used only in severe cases and then for as short a period of time as possible.

Natural and holistic treatments are a safer, gentler alternative to use without the harmful side effects or allergic reactions.

Best of all, you can use them as often as you like, for as long as you like. Herbal ingredients such as Vitamin E oil, Mentha pipererita oil, Bulbinella frutescens tr. and Aloe ferox tr. work quickly to soothe and promote healthy, trouble free skin. Other highly effective herbs include Glycorrhiza glabra, Melia azadirachta, Sambucus nigra and Stellaria media which help to provide relief from itching and discomfort and reduce eczema patches. In addition, Matricaria chamomilla, Asparathus linearis and Galium aparine also prevents infection and inflammation as well as reduces scarring.

You may get more info here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/e/...

i went to a dermatologist who froze it with liquid hydrogyn and it's been clear for 2 years and I was real bad like you