Second hard drive I/O error?

i recently started to do some upgrades to my dell 1720 laptop. last year i got the latest 320 laptop hard drive available and it was working out pretty good.this year i decided to upgrade a little more. i got an intel 40 gb ssd and upgraded to 4gb of ram. i also got a second harddrive cage so i could run my os and... show more i recently started to do some upgrades to my dell 1720 laptop. last year i got the latest 320 laptop hard drive available and it was working out pretty good.this year i decided to upgrade a little more. i got an intel 40 gb ssd and upgraded to 4gb of ram. i also got a second harddrive cage so i could run my os and programs off the ssd and keep the 320 for storing media and stuff. everything on the ssd works perfectly and even the 320 works good wen it does work. but ever since i moved it to the second drive bay, reformated it and everything and put all my data back onto it, i keep getting error messages every once in a while. it says it has encountered an I/O device error. im not too sure what this means and i dont know how to fix it. the problem does temporarily fix itself wen i reboot but it only lasts for so long and ive found the second hard drive to be pretty unstable wen working with large files and such. any help would be greatly appreciated so i can finally get my machine working fully again. ive been stuck using an external harddrive for most of my files for now so i need to get this fixed.
1 answer