How to remedy power outlet for garage door opener being too far away from opener itself?

I have a standard 7-foot garage door, but my garage is over 13 feet tall. Therefore, my garaged door opener is suspended several feet from the garage ceiling. The power outlet for the garage door opener is installed in the ceiling directly above the opener. However, it seems that garage door openers do not come... show more I have a standard 7-foot garage door, but my garage is over 13 feet tall. Therefore, my garaged door opener is suspended several feet from the garage ceiling. The power outlet for the garage door opener is installed in the ceiling directly above the opener. However, it seems that garage door openers do not come with power cords long enough to reach my power outlet, and the owners manuals warn against using extension cords. Also, replacing the power cord on the opener will void the warranty on the opener. Any ideas how to remedy the situation?