Philosophically speaking, do atheist parents/pet owners have commandments for their kids/pets or do they?

let them do what they want like anarchist/Nihilist? should they let them Evolve with out their intervention? or do then believe more or less in child/animal abuse and/or neglect, do you teach them not to steal from others or envy or to respect you. [and what is your Definition of respect? is fear one of the... show more let them do what they want like anarchist/Nihilist?

should they let them Evolve with out their intervention? or do then believe more or less in child/animal abuse and/or neglect,

do you teach them not to steal from others or envy or to respect you. [and what is your Definition of respect? is fear one of the words that define respect?]

do you teach them not to lie cause its harder to lie and remember them than just tell the truth?

do you teach them not to believe in magic? [as in hope in idols that grant wishes other than you who holds the purse strings?]

or take your name in vain, [or do you go around saying mom/dad dam it?] really?

do you let your kids have at least one day off? or are they your slaves 24/7?

do you really want your kids/pets humping everything in sight knowing they could catch a disease even with the best protection,?

just how well do you think about how best to raise your pets/kids?

most important of all, do you think my creator will forgive me for giving a link to mel brooks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAtRCJIq...

suggested category Pets > General - Pets
Update: Morality is for cults, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_(personal_and_cultural) possible that many moral beliefs are based on prejudice, ignorance or even hatred Moral skepticism" denotes a class of metaethical theories all members of which entail that no one has any moral knowledge. Many moral... show more Morality is for cults,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_(pers...

possible that many moral beliefs are based on prejudice, ignorance or even hatred

Moral skepticism" denotes a class of metaethical theories all members of which entail that no one has any moral knowledge. Many moral skeptics also make the stronger, modal, claim that moral knowledge is impossible. Moral skepticism is particularly opposed to moral realism: the view that there are knowable, mind-independent moral truths.

Socrates
Socrates (469 BC – 399 BC) was one of the first Greek philosophers to encourage both scholars and the common citizen to turn their attention from the outside world to the condition of humankind. In this view, Knowledge having a bearing on human life was placed highest, all other knowledge being secondary. Self-knowledge was considered necessary for success and inherently an essential good.
Update 2: Point Seven - Most important of all, would your creator forgive you for considering using his name in vain? i did not consider using his name in vain just your mom/dads name, although i used to, i guess i will not be foregiven for that, but i also believe i made a promise long before i was born and was... show more Point Seven -
Most important of all, would your creator forgive you for considering using his name in vain?

i did not consider using his name in vain just your mom/dads name, although i used to,

i guess i will not be foregiven for that,

but i also believe i made a promise long before i was born and was put on this earth with free will but to keep that promise just like you,

I hate this kind of question. It belongs in R&S where they talk stupid things like this. Please take this to R&S where it belongs and leave people here who know how to THINK alone.

i hate when atheist invade r and s cause that is where you find most of them,

why? what do they hope to prove?
do they know the defintion of hope?

Hope~ n. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

authoritarianism or anarchy?

no there is the 3rd choice which is pray for those in power, for they do not carry the sword in vain,

8 answers 8