New York Income Tax ?

Hi, I am French and I am offered a USD 100,000 salary to go and work in NYC.

Could anyone explain how much tax would I pay at the end of the year? I am married and I am going to have a second kid soon.

Thanks,

Laurent

I am not familiar with the US and would like to know the amount of money I would earn AFTER tax...

Thanks.

How can I know how much to deduct for the 2 kids?

Favorite Answer

A person working in New York City must pay New York State income tax, United States federal income tax, New York City income tax, social security income tax, and medicare tax.

You cannot deduct anything for French children in France. You can deduct something for a child only if the child is a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. resident alien, or a resident of Canada or Mexico.

The entire amount of salary is subject to social security income tax and medicare tax. No deduction of any children is allowed. Those two taxes total 7.65%, so that is $7,650.

If only you pay U.S. taxes, then you take the salary, subtract $5700 for the "standard deduction" and ordinarily $3650 each for yourself and each child. $100,000 minus $5700 minus 3 times $3650 leaves $83,350. The federal income tax on that amount is approximately $17,300. So we are up to $25,000 so far. If you cannot deduct the children, then it would be approximately $90,650 after subtracting, $19,300 of U.S. federal income tax, and $27,000 total tax so far. If your spouse also pays U.S. taxes, then there is an option to file jointly, which may reduce the cost somewhat.

Figure roughly another $10,000 for New York City tax and New York State tax.

So we are up to a total of $35-40,000 total of all taxes, and $60-65,000 of after tax money that you could take back to France, if you did not have to spend it on living in New York.

Next, you get to pay any tax that France might charge, which would leave you with even less.

I worked in new York for a short period of time but I live in another state. Do I have to pay the state income tax

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

New York Income Tax ?

Thanks,

Laurent

Source(s): york income tax: https://shortly.im/FG1Eq

There is no exemption for being under 21. If you are 20 (for example), they you get the exactly same exemptions as if you were 22, no more and no less. If you made only $3000 in the year, then you may qualify for an exemption, but only because of making only $3000 and not because of your age. An income come return is the document that you send the government. The money that you receive is called a "refund". You might be eligible for a refund, but not because of your age, only for other reasons.

• tro

you will pay the same as any one else working in the US, you will have the same personal exemptions and standard deduction as citizens

the lowest tax rate is 10% but at $100000 salary, you will not be in that category

• MadMan

Go to www.Paycheckcity.com and you will get all the info you want.