Aaron asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Good movies about the Marine Corp. boot camp?

I've already seen full metal jacket, jarhead, ears open eyeball click... any other good ones please

I've already seen heartbreak ridge i just want to watch a good movie about life in Marine boot camp. I'm highly considering joining the Marines.

Favorite Answer

there is a documentary on the Military Channel called Making Marines.

Search around for it on the internet that might be the closest you will get. They followed Marines through boot camp if I remember correctly.

Marine Boot Camp Movie

Marine Corp Movies

Then watch FMJ again, because that's as real as boot camp was for many old jarheads. Today, it might be a bit more PC than back in the day, and God forbid that a DI would dare strike a recruit. Again, back in the day, if you didn't get your @ss kicked at least once a day, you thought the DI's were giving up on you.

There's nothing better than being there and experiencing the whole thing first hand. Get out of the Hollywood mode and join the real world of sand fleas, 5:AM reveille, marching to the chow hall, eating everything on your tray including the stuff you can't identify, and learning how to be a Marine from sun up til sun down. You'll love it maggot, and you will even appreciate the pet names bestowed on you by the DI's.

you have to understand that some movies though may portray a good side of the corps may not be fully realsistic. You can youtube marine corp boot camp and see real boot camp videos.

Not that much movies out on the Marine Corps other then those...

I you like reading, read Making The Corps. Its a Novel about someones experience on Parris Island

There is no movie out there that will show you what USMC boot camp is really like. The Ears Open ....documentary is going to be the most realistic video you ever see about boot camp.

If you are serious about wanting to enlist then start reading through this site.

http://futurejarheads.webs.com/

You should not need a movie to convince you to join the USMC. You either want to join it or you don't.

The only thing USMC movies are gonna do for you is they are gonna give you the wrong impression about the USMC since they are MOVIES.

It is easy so don't sweat it. Thousands do it every year in fact my niece who joined at the age of 34 said the Marine boot camp was not hard at all.

If movies are going to be the deciding factor on whether or not your going to join the Marines, your not ready. Just go in and sign up. That's exactly what I did. I was at the gym, and told myself, I'm sick of this job, I went to the recruiters, and almost went into the Army office, but decided what the hell, why nhot see what the Marines are about? Boom, I'm in and I go to bootcamp in 3 months.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avAhZ

Basic training is hyped up by those that have been through it because they want everyone to think it's tough, thus they're tough because they made it through. Your weight will come off once you start training and eating the right foods. Don't even think of quiting. You'll damage yourself for the rest of your life. Don't stress it, you'll do fine. Don't ever think that all of those that are now Marines started out as tough guys. The Marines made them tough after they joined. Good Luck!!!