Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How long will the southern US Gulf States remain habitable?

Oil rain, Gulf oil syndrome - methane in the air -- the oil itself and the chemical dispersant used by Nalco that is 4 times more toxic than the oil itself etc etc etc

How much longer will the southern US remain habitable ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hey man here is a vid you may find interesting on the subject.

OLS - Gassed In The Gulf - Possible Evacuations? - 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P6fBGEDcRs&playnex...

My guess is that the government and BP will continue to lie and misrepresent the real dangers.

• 1 decade ago

Florida and Louisiana ares only livable under very dicey circumstances anyway, even pre-oil leak.

Florida:

It has over 1 million subdivision lots that are unbuilt upon and unbuildable.

Only Interstates allow for evacuation from hurricanes. These interstates are currently inadequate for this purpose.

Its largest tourist attraction required the draining of thousands of acres of what would now be protected wet lands.

Heat is so bad that the state would have not grown to its current size without massave use of air conditioning.

Oh and there is a hostile foreign country less the 100 miles off its coast.

Louisiana:

Again large parts of it are unbuildable swamp. I

ts largest population center is entirely below sea level.

Heavy AC use needed to make it cool enough to live.

• 1 decade ago

1 million years. If you are talking about the oil spill which really doesn't concern my region I would say the gulf waters will be inhabitable for 25 years.

• 1 decade ago

Seeing as the black anointed President Obama remains ignorant to the oil spill and blames BP for all of it, I bet it won't be too long.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Everywhere you look, For Sale signs along the coast. We live about 300 miles inland, and we are considering selling.

• 1 decade ago

Until global warming brings back the saber tooth tiger, who will eat everyone in the south.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama must want it destroyed since he turned down 13 countries help- they wanted to bring over ships booms etc and clean it up with us, but Obama refused their help!!!!! WHAT THE ! IS WRONG WITH HIM?

• 1 decade ago

Don't know, but that is what happens when you don't vote for the idiot in the White House, let me see, Arizona didn't vote for him either, seems like another state had a Historical flood ( Nashville) and was ignored too, what was the name of that state, yea Old Tennessee, well, if they had been in Haiti, they would have been over run with federal aide, but not in a state that voted against the ONE****************************************************************************************************

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We are Doomed!!!!!!

The Messiah Obama could save us with a "wave of His hand"!

But He won't, because He Despises us.

• 1 decade ago

LMAO...Trout..you usually intrigue me with questions i'm disgusted with..lol..but this one is just...are you drunk? ahh the weekend edition of YA politics...i get it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.