I gained 30lbs but where?

Started weight lifting about 4months ago, I was 165-70lbs, My current weight is 195lbs...I've seen gains, other people have taken notice as well, my thing is why can't I tell that I've put on 25-30lbs, weather muscle or fat...I consume protein shakes daily, and workout 3-4 times a week...But no noticeable difference in tone...Where is the weight going, and should I be doing cardio to see toning results...I am only about 2 weeks removed from the bulking stage...

• ronnny
    Favorite Answer

What mayo said but to add you look at yourself every day. for someone that sees you only every few weeks it is easier to see the change.

rd

Cut back on the protein shakes, meat has enough protein to support daily exercise so you don't need them unless you're a vegetarian or trying to be a professional body-builder.

Any extra calories from the protein turn to fat.

Yes, cardio will help a bit.

Ninia is right. I think you are consumeing way to many protein shakes. Its good to not over due it because i had a friend hand he liked the taste of protein shakes so much that it made him fat in the torso area, and he didnt even work out. That stuff really does take a toll when your trying to balance your work out, and your deit.

Well, muscle weighs more than fat...you gained muscle weight.