Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Vacuum Cleaners - Durable but reasonably priced?

What's are some good ones that won't break in a year?? Should I go with an industrial strength one (although those are really costly).

• M M T
    Favorite Answer

I really like my Bissell Healthy Home. It uses a similar filtering technology to Dyson but at 1/2 the price. HEPA filtration, 5 year warranty, well designed, easy to use tools and a ton of suction. Great on pet hair; I have 4 cats and 3 dogs so I know pet hair. Watch for sales at Lowe's, Sears or Best Buy; you can get it for around $200.

An expensive model, used, would be my choice. Check what local vacuum repair places have for sale. My Filter Queen, bought used 22 years ago for 1/4 the new price at the time, is still going strong.

• neinei

I have a bissell. Probably bought between $20 to $40 at Walmart. It's not huge but not skinny either. I've used it for a year, and it still works great!

Source(s): self