How in the world did a foreign oil company get the right to start pointing guns at the American people?

There is one question that I would really like an answer to. Who died and made BP king of the Gulf of Mexico? In recent weeks, BP has almost seemed more interested in keeping the American people away from the oil spill than in actually cleaning it up.

Journalists are being pushed around and denied access, disaster workers are being intimidated and abused and now BP has even go so far as to hire an army of private mercenaries to enforce their will along the Gulf coast. Are we suddenly living in occupied Iraq?

The last time I checked, BP did not own the Gulf of Mexico and did not have the right to tell the American people where they can and cannot go.

Over the last several weeks, members of the mainstream media attempting to cover the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico have been yelled at, harassed, kicked off public beaches and threatened with arrest. The Obama administration keeps promising "to improve media access", but so far their promises haven't seemed to make much difference.

Believe me People, we need to stop focusing on BP and start asking important questions about the Government of the United States, and why exactly is it the case that the so called Commander in Chief is so obviously unable to take control of what could and most likely will turn out to be the single most devastating disaster in recent memory?

Who exactly is in Charge of the United States?

Is it the President?

Or is it the Banks and Corporations who control almost every member of BOTH political parties?

Your thoughts....

Oh Will,...ouch!

I hope you aren't having a go at me old bean.

Whatever the "truth" is with regards to "who" actually is in charge of things, I think it is beyond any reasonable doubt that our "representatives" are "paid" for already, and they actively seek whatever it is their "paymasters" want from them.

This in itself, is enough for anyone to recognise where the real power lies within the halls of power.

I feel you're correct in your "assumption" that there are indeed many blithering idiots making mistakes and trying to cover their tracks however, this can be "assumed" with every event, be it 911 or the assasination of JFK or the "rebellion" in some far flung region of somewhere far far away where a democratically elected Government is overthrown to be replaced with an ugly dictatorship but I think you know fine well there has been, are, and will always be, "conspirators" who manipulate events to their desired end.

Hmmm.

• Will
    Favorite Answer

I love this question; thank you for asking. But let me take a very roundabout course to my answer, please...

A lot of people are convinced the world is governed by a cabal of hidden "puppet masters" who are pulling the strings on which everyone else is made to dance. Call them "The Illuminati," the "Bilderberg Group" or even "The Trilateral Commission" -- whatever you fancy, it doesn't matter. This recent catastrophe in the gulf is the best evidence I can offer as refutation of those premises.

Consider, if these groups were actually controlling things, they would have to be unbelievably accomplished. It's not easy to pull so many strings and make everything work. But this debacle is all the proof you need that this isn't happening. Why?

In a word, everyone is MORONIC. Seriously, I have never witnessed such epic stupidity in all my life. If the consequences weren't so horrific for so many it would be laughable -- in fact, if I tried, I could probably come up with a satirical screenplay ala "Dr. Strangelove with Shellfish."

These people both at BP and in Washington are making every mistake possible. There's no conspiracy here, they're all just trying to minimize the fallout from a bad situation and positioning themselves to take less heat. They're all just going about it in the worst possible way...

The BP execs actually had a large cheering section among the British press until Tony Hayward opened his trap before Congress and basically stonewalled himself into a crypt. Who's advising this guy?

And Barak Obama is "angry" (no, seriously folks, "really" angry). Mother of God... How inept can you be? Conspiracy theorists make these people out to be devious Masters of the Universe, but I wouldn't trust any of these numb-nuts to plug a leak in my bathroom sink let alone manage an ecological nightmare like the gulf. Would you?

I'm not afraid of being tyrannized by the super-efficient, evil demigods that populate conspiracy theorists' nightmares. I'm more concerned about being nibbled to death by the dim-witted, know-nothing morons who have all the best intentions but who couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

How did T.S. Eliot end his poem, "The Hollow Men" (Appropriate title, don't you think)?...

"This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang, but a whimper."

Fear not the banging of the supposed puppet masters, they don't exist.

Instead, fear the whimpering, simpering morons who's stupidity hits rock bottom and then proceeds to dig deeper.

Cheers, mate.

• kubeck

Finally! individuals are starting their eyes to peer the reality and the data displayed right here talk for themselves. After that nice reply from gypsy_cat 345, i have never bought a lot to mention besides that individuals like Vanessa will have to seem on the larger photo and make her possess checks, as an alternative than believing in what the media WANT individuals to suppose. additionally, i do not consider individuals will have to balme the Islamic RELIGION for the movements of ignorant so-known as Muslims who declare they're performing on its behalf. secondly, i do not consider Israel is JUST a small nation that needs to be left by myself. If this was once the case it could now not have waged a whole-blown battle on lebanon, killing countless numbers of individuals so as to regain two in their infantrymen who had been captured by means of Hezbollah. Shouldn't they consider approximately freeing the enormous quantities of lebanese prisoners presently in Israel! Thirdly, Muslims don't have something towards Jews. The challenge is with the Zionists and Israelis. BTW, I am NOT Lebanese. I'm conveniently pointing out what i beleive is the reality

The president has way less power than the average person thinks

The president has a lot of things going on behind the back he is never aware of. things that are out of his power, because all it would really take is his messengers to be corrupted and keep whatever they wish from him. We could have an ignorant president for all we know, and we could be equally ignorant for all we know is what the media tells us.

About the time Nigerians had to start letting these armed thugs drill and spill on their lands

without paying and without permission.

The people who resist are called extremists and terrorists by America,

the largest CONSUMERS of Nigerian oil. Stolen oil.

Nigerians don't use a lot of oil.

POlitics is an art of oppression. The haves/ burgeiose class always controls or directs the order things directly or indirectly. its only in africa where presidents have a direct control and consequently end up abusing everything.

• monkey

Campaign contributions.