Jen
Jen asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

I need to lose weight before starting college in the fall. Can I lose 40 pounds by August 21?

I currently weigh 170 pounds and am 5'5". I'm a girl and I know I'm fat, you don't have to remind me. I would love to be 130 by the time I go to college. How would I go about making a meal and exercise plan? I have no idea how to figure it all out. I'm almost 18 years old, by the way. I want to finally like the way I look in college since high school was simply not fun for that very reason.

Is it possible to lose that much weight? If so, then how should I do it? And if not, how much do you think I can lose by that time?

Any tips/advice about teen weight loss would be great! Thanks so much!

Favorite Answer

I was just checking out that blog that was posted here. I am sorry but that is some total BS. There is no safe effective way to drop 40 lbs in a week unless your body fat % is very very high. Which means you weigh as much as a small van. For you being 170 and 5'5 I can possibly see 7 lbs of weight loss in the first week if you're serious and really sticking to the dieting. After the first week you may see 3 lbs at most and eventually you will hit a wall. To lose 40 lbs ideally it will definitely take you atleast 12-15 weeks.

Source(s): Personal Trainer

Diet and proper nutrition. Figure out your daily calorie needs and then go deficit by 500 every day. One trick is actually to multiply your body weight by 10, 11, or 12, depending on your metabolism. If you have a high metabolism, multiply by 12. For a low metabolism, multiply by 10. Most have a medium metabolism and should multiply by 11. The number you get is an approximation for how many calories you should eat daily. So if you weigh 200lbs, and you have a medium metabolism, you'll get 2,200.

If you work out regularly, be sure to get plenty of carbohydrates. Also, spreads meals throughout the day. I usually have six meals daily, with one of the mid day meals being large. I learned to be sure to get enough calories earlier in the day so I don't feel so starved at night.

If you are looking for exercise to do the trick, use less weight but more reps. Also, be sure to do full body workouts. The larger the muscle, the more fat gets burned. Ab machines are worthless. The leg muscles bun the most calories just to sustain them, and working them hard leads to a need for repair. Combine weight lifting with a cardio workout.

Hope this helps!

You will have to build a metabolism. eating more frequently more often to keep your stored fats at minimum and eating healthy no soda or coffee just drink water. jog or run or go to the gym and work out for 1 hour. do not over do it. it is possible to lose 40 pounds that quickly i recommend trying a bottle of 7 day detox it 15 dollars and you can get it online its all natural and cleans your body very fast i was about 170 a few months ago and now in 154 i lost 5 pounds with them in a week i also workout at the gym so have muscle to make up for the difference. muscle burns fat. fat eats muscle. you have to be even.

no you will most likely not lose 40 pounds in roughly 10 weeks....if you exercise alot and eat better maybe 2 pounds a week..the weight will come off easier in the beginning...so it will keep getting harder and harder to lose

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

I had same problem in the past. I do a lot of exercise but there was no result, well there was but not as I expected. Then I find one site that opened my eyes and point me in a different way. After few weeks I’ve seen great results...

http://www.AbdominalPowerWorkout.com

Good luck!

eat 5 6 small meals a day instead of 3

Eat vegetables seeds nuts and lean proteins

Get up and walk 10 minutes before each meal

• Sadie

make like laila ali and jump rope as fast as you can for 8 minutes