IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A JUDGE TO MAKE A GUY PAY FOR CHILD SUPPORT EVEN HE IS NOT THE FATHER?

me and this guy was messing around and i got pregnant but come to find out he is not the father 5 months after, so the Department of social services order him to take his name out the birth certificate they gave him 90 days to do it and he didnt so now the states is going after him, can they give him child support even if he is not the dad

NOW HE IS TELLING ME THAT HE IS GONNA MAKE ME PAY ALL THE MONEY THAT HE SPEND ON MY SON LIKE HE IS BLAMING ME BUT HE FORGOT AT TIME HE WAS SEEING ANOTHER WOMAN ALSO THAT HE WAS ENGAGED TO WHILE HE WAS WITH ME

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and even if he never knew about the child. In January, a 21-years-old Kansas man was informed that his tax return had been intercepted for back child support owed for his 15-year-old daughter. He tried to point out to Child Support Enforcement that he was only six years old at the time the girl was born, but once an order is in place, it cannot be overturned in Kansas. That's the law in 20 states. In Missouri, a man has 60 days to learn he's not the father, or to learn he is in order to stop an adoption.

http://challenging_paternity_due_2_fraud.dads-hous...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• 10 years ago

You state may vary...

Being a legal dad is not the same as being a bio dad. The legal father pays the support. The legal father is the guy who's name in on the court order.

If he signed the BC, he's dad. If he had doubts, he should have asked for a DNA test.

If he didn't change the bc to the bio dad, he's dad. He is on the hook for support. End of story.

He would need to go back to court and ask the judge to change the bc.

What a mess

Source(s): Worked CS 9 uears
  • puorto
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

if he didnt wish to pay then he must have got a DNA scan to turn out he wasnt the daddy and brought his title off the delivery certificates. he selected not to do this so yeah on this case a pass judgement on could make him pay for CS even supposing he isnt the daddy considering the fact that through no longer doing what the DSS order advised him to do he accredited his obligations as being the daddy of the youngster

• 10 years ago

In my jurisdiction, the name on the birth certificate after a certain period pays, he didn't seem like he was that concerned with changing it, so he basically accepted responsibility

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

We already answered this question.

He didn't get his name off the birth certificate within 90 days.

That is interpreted as meaning that he wants to stand as the father.

He pays child support or he goes to jail.

Don't let him intimidate you.

• 10 years ago

"The one who commits the most adultery has to pay the other parent," might be a good rule, except that's not how it works. "This guy" may still be able to prove he's not the father by petitioning the court to order a paternity test... or, you can make up your own rule and see if that works.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

he doesnt have to pay

even if he didnt remove it

he can go to court and make it so u get no child support from him and if he has paid any that you must pay him bak

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.