What exactly is a "Blog"?

Is a written blog basically a diary of your days events or anything else you want to talk about that everyone online can read if they wish? As I am thinking about setting up a blog to blog some events, my poems etc. Or is there more to it than that?

Favorite Answer

A blog can be used for anything. I have a blog which I post things on that interest me, another blog with pictures and stories about my cats, another with photo's of Swansea where I live, one dedicated to spiritual things and one which is a book I'm writing.

Blogs can be for public or private view.

Some blogs you have to pay for but some are for free. My blogs are for free.

WORDPRESS is a free blog sight.

here's a link showing two of my blogs and the wordpress page where you can download a blog to start it and get information on blogging.

http://purplepeace.wordpress.com/

http://purplepets.wordpress.com/

http://wordpress.org/

• A blog is a social networking site that viewers and editors get together to share ideas and talk about subjects and events. It is used for answering questions, sharing ideas and making it better and just hanging around with friends and others.

Blogs are the best tools for sharing your thoughts and ideas to everyone. It can also be a diary entry, but that's just spreading your personal stuff! You can make it as a diary entry, as this may increase the interest from people into you, and they may join your blog, send messages etc.

I know what you mean. The good old days are any time that seemed simpler or better. For us, that could mean the 50's, or childhood, or last week. But you are right, there was no time in human history that was perfect, that we can look back on as something being entirely good. We like parts and pieces of "The Good Old Days". People often end up ignoring that those bad things ever happened. In this one instance, I think it is a case of collective optimism for the past, of focusing on the good rather than the bad (which I think runs contrary to human nature in most other respects).

Pretty much, a blog is anything you would like to write about. This would be kind of considered as a blog, but not really. People write about common topics and write stories in blogs, basically whatever you would like to talk about. You pretty much got the concept right!

• ?

Blog is something you write in a Blog site. It can be your life story, events, ideas, sports etc. In making a blog all you have to do is to make it sure that it has an excellent content. I recommend as a beginner, put your blogs in blogger.com.

• As far as we know, yes.

A blog is used to express thoughts and feelings on the 'web, where people can read and comment.

I believe he has a blog, actually.

Though if this is true, I can't be sure... Curse my memory.

1

Source(s): Paying Bills Writing http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline/?8ph1

Liam, it is exactly that and it's a great opportunity to showcase your talents; readers can become your fans and it can be a great experience. If you start one, let me know your URL so I can be your fan...

'blog' is simply an abbreviated version of 'weblog'

Yep, that's exactly what it is. You can use it to express your feelings on a subject, opinions etc. Then you just pass the link on and people will read/comment.

:D That'd be awesome! I want to see it when you set it up!