Two questions! How do I delete a folder from my computer if it says 'destination folder access denied', and/or?

how do I uninstall a file that I don't think has a uninstall file? In the control panel, whenever I go to uninstall it, it brings me to the setup thing, and is all "can't load SKUTILL.dll". So I tried deleting the folder, but it kept telling me ACCESS DENIED (I am the owner of this computer, with the only account, and it is windows vista), so i went in each individual file folder and deleted what I could, and then pulled the main folder to my desktop, and its still not deleting, it shows the access denied thing. The file is an illegally downloaded version of CyberLink power director, if that makes a difference. And I don't remember where I got it, so I can't reinstall and then uninstall it. I don't think I explained this very well, but can someone please try to help me get this file off my computer? :(

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's part of the installation of PowerDirector and InstalShield installation information - not sure of it's purpose,

Regarding un-intall problem there are two ways:.

i) Uninstall PowerDirector software:

a.)Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector

b.)Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click

"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> "PowerDirector". Delete folder "PowerDirector".

c.)Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> click

"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> "PowerDirector". Delete folder "PowerDirector".

d)Reboot your PC

2. (instructions if you have power director 6. I do not know if yo have other one)It is a possibility that there isn't this CB file in Install shield Installation folder. Once it happened to me but later I got it.

a) Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector folder

b) Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} folder

Please note that this directory is a hidden directory. So, first select 'Show hidden files and folder' option from 'Folder option' and then delete that folder.

For that follow the steps:-

Open 'Control Panel' --> open 'Folder Options' --> click 'View' tab --> select 'Show hidden files and folder' --> click 'OK'.

Now delete the following folder:

c) Run regedit (Start --> Run --> type "regedit")

(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\

SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector

(2) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

(3) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

(4) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

I hope if you follow above method with caution it will work.

• 1 decade ago

these kind of warning is common in Windows, try right clicking on the folder and see if you open as Administror and then try to delete it. I'm not sure but give it go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.