Qualifications for police officer in the state of Iowa?

• Josa
    Favorite Answer

Hi, To be a police officer in the State of Iowa, a person must be certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA). The Iowa legislators have given ILEA authority “to set standards for the law enforcement service” in the State of Iowa. If a person cannot or will not meet these standards, they cannot be certified. Local jurisdictions may use stricter criteria then ILEA to select police officer candidates. A detailed explanation for the minimum standards for Iowa Law Enforcement officers can be found in the “Code of Iowa,” Chapters 80B & 400, plus the “Iowa Law Enforcement Academy’s Administrative Rules.” Some of the criteria are as follows....All applicants must: Be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Have reached the age of 18 years by the established date of the written examination Be a graduate of an accredited high school, or possess an equivalency certificate (GED). Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Iowa or intends to become a resident upon being employed. Is not by reason of conscience or belief opposed to the use of force when appropriate or necessary to fulfill his/her duties. Be able to speak, read, and write the English language. Not be addicted to alcohol or drugs. Be of good moral character. (This implies that the conduct or character of any applicant must be such

that his/her job performance as a police officer would not be impeded in any manner.) Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude. Moral turpitude is defined

as “an act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties that a person owes to

another person, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between person and person.” It might include “ justice, honesty, or good morals.” It might include “income tax evasion, perjury, assault, theft, indecent exposure, sex crimes, conspiracy to commit a crime, domestic abuse, stalking illegal drug sales, or any offense in which a weapon was used in the commission of the crime. Must have a valid Iowa driver’s or chauffeurs license at the time of employment.

Then, to become an Iowa State Trooper you must: Be a United States citizen, have a valid drivers license and a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Begin the application process by calling the toll free application phone number (866)895-2457. Have vision that is correctable to 20/20 and an acceptable degree of color vision that enables you to function in a highway patrol situation. Pass a physical fitness test that includes one minute sit ups, sit and reach, one and a half mile run and one minute push ups. Complete a background check, polygraph test and written and oral exams. After successfully passing these requirements, you will be offered a place in the training academy.

Google "how to become a police officer in the state of iowa" and you will find numerous cities in Iowa with applications etc., online. JOSA

1

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database - http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?laIz

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): qualifications police officer state iowa: https://tr.im/7geYy

Why not ask the police department themselves? Is this Nottingham UK? In the United States, the qualifications can vary from town to town but they're all basically the same: height/weight proportionate, mininum age of 21, no felony convictions, ability to run a mile in a certain amount of time, plus other physical tests as well as classroom instruction.

• sun

Ilea Iowa

I just recently tried https://tr.im/UpdSI last month to see if I could track down my birth-parent. My bio father left me when I was 8, and has refused to contact me since. I grew up with my biological Mother and Step-father. I have only ever talked to my biological dad a couple times till recently. All I knew of him personally when I conducted the search was his full name, and the state of a previous address he used to have.

When the results came back based on the minimal info I had, It pulled up a current address even his phone number. When I called the phone no., I heard the voice of what sounded like it may be my step-brother. I asked if Joseph(my bio father) was present, and he said no but to try back after 7.

I haven't done anything with the info since, But yeah I found what I was interested in.

Check your state's laws, as well as the department you're looking to apply with.

no way